Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously cant interpret your own data mate...it makes my point for me. Doesn't matter how many/little are scored by all players. It matters that we dont have players behind Lukaku who can weigh in with 8/9 goals.

I agree with Dave here, we definately need a couple of other players to weigh in with ~10 goals a year. Barkley currently on 4 is the best chance, and he's been guilty of a few bad misses this season (has still been great overall for a few months though). Still plenty of time for him to double that tally though.

Other than that you're looking to Lookman/Mirrales and maybe Davies to get more between them.

But this does happen when you've got a striker who slots 20 goals a year, you can become over reliant, and Koeman obviously knows this - hence the Gabbiadini / Befodil(?) links, which didn't happen in the end.

Irrespective of the Rom situation in the summer, a player in here who can throw in a double figure goal return, must be high up on the wanted list.

You make a statement (pose the question)

I show it is not so; 15 Vs 14
so you change the question

davek; channeling his inner Gladstone...

“Gladstone .. spent his declining years trying to guess the answer to the Irish Question; unfortunately, whenever he was getting warm, the Irish secretly changed the Question, ...”
W.C. Sellar, 1066 and All That: A Memorable History of England
No mate. I think most reasonable people wouldn't argue that three players getting one each is not the same input as one player getting 8 or 9.

Scoring wise we are Lukaku + luggage - and that needs looking at.

Erm nope 4:

Lukaku 18 (Currently 17 with 12 games to go)
Barkley 8 (Currently 4 with 12 games to go)
Kone 5 (Lookman by comparison 1 with 12 games to go)
Lennon 5 (Bolasie by comparison 1 out for the season)

Kev had 4 last season, 3 this season.
Coleman had 1, now 5.
Baines had 2, now 3.

Again all with 12 games left to play.

Indefensible argument right here.
What?!

You need to re-read the debate here mate.

Gueye starts:
Everton 1-1 Utd
Watford 3-2 Everton
Everton 0-1 kopites
Leicester 0-2 Everton (Davies played last 20)
Hull 2-2 Everton (Davies plays last 25)

Gueye and Davies starts:
Everton 3-0 Southampton

This is when Gueye leaves for the African cup and Davies became a starter. We've won 4, drawn 2 since then.

Still think we were well in our stride before Gueye left?

What?!

You need to re-read the debate here mate.

No... I'm not arguing it's not still Lukaku plus minor input elsewhere but it was that last season as well which the stats show.

Your original point was that we don't have a decent spread of goalscorers this season but did under Martinez. Stats show it's virtually the same and the season still has 12 games to go.

Gueye starts:
Everton 1-1 Utd
Watford 3-2 Everton
Everton 0-1 kopites
Leicester 0-2 Everton (Davies played last 20)
Hull 2-2 Everton (Davies plays last 25)

Gueye and Davies starts:
Everton 3-0 Southampton

This is when Gueye leaves for the African cup and Davies became a starter. We've won 4, drawn 2 since then.

Still think we were well in our stride before Gueye left?
You think we didn't start playing better before we got that win against S'ton? The Arsenal and Liverpool games showed a different mentality.

It;s as I said: same midfiled personnel essential and a recalibration of the way we played - ie using the middle of the park a lot more than continuous numb nuts long balls hoit long and wide to Blaise and Lukaku.

You think we didn't start playing better before we got that win against S'ton? The Arsenal and Liverpool games showed a different mentality.

It;s as I said: same midfiled personnel essential and a recalibration of the way we played - ie using the middle of the park a lot more than continuous numb nuts long balls hoit long and wide to Blaise and Lukaku.
Let it go Dave. This Bolasie thing you keep repeating is just your opinion, not a matter of fact. We could use a fully fit Bolasie.

Let it go Dave. This Bolasie thing you keep repeating is just your opinion, not a matter of fact. We could use a fully fit Bolasie.

I honestly do not understand the motive behind the consistent praising of a fraud whose records were non-defendable. At the same time, he stabs a knife behind Koeman's back everyday.

Uses counter attacks sparingly. Not shy of going front to back quickly. Likes a big target man backed up with wingers who can service him.

Typically.

This is the third time I seek your opinion on this. Are you happy with your hero Martinez coming back if Koeman leaves one-day? Because you rate RM and think he is an almost perfect manager.

This is the third time I seek your opinion on this. Are you happy with your hero Martinez coming back if Koeman leaves one-day? Because you rate RM and think he is an almost perfect manager.
Koeman is the manager this season. Focus on him.

For someone who rates him so highly you seem desperate to try and denigrate his predecessor. Funny that. Insecurity, I dare say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back