Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must consult with your "Ronald Koeman Tactical Analysis" thread from the summer....oh no....it's been locked then binned.

Koeman is a fan of playing out the back. His philosophy is to have good possession of the ball and match control in midfield. “For me as a coach the physical part is important but it isn’t more important than the session with the ball. I still believe in dominating the game, to have good possession play and that brings results.”

“We like to press opponents, to play from behind and to dominate. The football philosophy will not change.” – Koeman”

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-tactical-breakdown-thread.87941/

Its still there David.

Koeman is a fan of playing out the back. His philosophy is to have good possession of the ball and match control in midfield. “For me as a coach the physical part is important but it isn’t more important than the session with the ball. I still believe in dominating the game, to have good possession play and that brings results.”

“We like to press opponents, to play from behind and to dominate. The football philosophy will not change.” – Koeman”

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-tactical-breakdown-thread.87941/

Its still there David.
I beg your pardon. I thought that thread had been incinerated and its remains buried in an underground lead lined concrete bunker.

An absolute midden of a thread.

You think we didn't start playing better before we got that win against S'ton? The Arsenal and Liverpool games showed a different mentality.

It;s as I said: same midfiled personnel essential and a recalibration of the way we played - ie using the middle of the park a lot more than continuous numb nuts long balls hoit long and wide to Blaise and Lukaku.
We used long balls quite often in the last season, despite your claims. We didn't shy from it before either.

And how is it any different than the "give it to Del/someone out wide and hope he produces a magical cross for Lukaku to tap in" tactic we had with Martinez in the last 2 years?

We used long balls quite often in the last season, despite your claims. We didn't shy from it before either.

And how is it any different than the "give it to Del/someone out wide and hope he produces a magical cross for Lukaku to tap in" tactic we had with Martinez in the last 2 years?

We all long for a return to the days when our CBs played the ball to and from each other and the keeper for 40minutes each game.

What a joyous time that was.

Because we played with an emphasis on attack in all the time Martinez was here and we play with the emphasis in defence in Koemans time here.

Actually a very good analysis and given what's gone on so far which confirms your PoV of him as hit and miss, I'm a bit at a loss to understand why you've all of a sudden thrown your hand in with him and worship at his altar.

I like it when Everton win games, hes making Everton win games.

Hes currently on course to be everything I expected him to be, I was hoping for European football this season and a pop at the top 4 next season, im not demanding European football this season, it was always going to be hard coming off the back of 2x11th place finishes, but ok.

I have realistic expectations and hes doing enough to make me happy.

I like it when Everton win games, hes making Everton win games.

Hes currently on course to be everything I expected him to be, I was hoping for European football this season and a pop at the top 4 next season, im not demanding European football this season, it was always going to be hard coming off the back of 2x11th place finishes, but ok.

I have realistic expectations and hes doing enough to make me happy.
Martinez had us 13th when he was sacked.

Interesting words from Barry

Duncan Ferguson has become a key member of the manager’s backroom staff this season. What is ‘Big Dunc’ like to work with? And is he as passionate as a coach as he was as a player?

I think the way he is is exactly how the fans and everyone else would want him to be. He’s wholehearted and he puts everything into his sessions when he takes them. In the dressing room before games he’s probably how he was as a player and he tries to get the players pumped up. He does a lot more now under the manager than he did under Roberto Martinez and I think he’s probably enjoying the role more because he’s more involved. He’s doing a great job and the players enjoy working with him. He’s the perfect character to have around because he understands Everton, he loves Everton, and he gets that across to the players, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back