Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your stalking of Dave over this off topic question is quite frankly creepy.

I am curious because he praises and suggests how good Martinez is literally everyday and condemn the current manager at the sametime. Since this is a forum I am interested with his view on that but he did not answer anyway.

I am curious because he praises and suggests how good Martinez is literally everyday and condemn the current manager at the sametime. Since this is a forum I am interested with his view on that but he did not answer anyway.
TBF mate, he doesn't want Martinez back and has more than acknowledged that he had to go. I too think that issue could be left where it is now. Just my opinion like.

Got to admit Koeman has changed my opinion on him, i think he was helped by Bolasie getting injured, not having to find a place for him has certainly helped the balance of the team.

I was initially worried by the calling out of players during the run of bad results, sometimes that can ruin the dressing room forever but the players have bought in and thats all you can ask for. Sometimes he is a little too honest but least you know where you stand.

He says we are a few players off from really challenging the big teams, so lets take his word for it and get behind him.

Agreed we've been better without Bolassie. Really want us to carry on without wingers now. We are developing excellent fluency and have two of the best wing-backs in the business when we want to use them so

Well that depends entirely on what you wish for. I we want to get up into the top four then there will have to be a lot more emphasis on getting numbers forward and other players chipping in with goals than we see now. If we ant to stay at 7th then we can just crack on getting a lot of bodies behind the ball and being tight.

Didn't one of the players (think it was Gana after his goal last week) say that Koeman was putting a lot more emphasis on other players getting goals.

It's just as well we've got a superb manager who spots exactly what we need and sorts it, isn't it ;)

I strongly disagree.

The 6 clubs currently above us are in a different league, with regards the level of their projects.

Wage bill
1 Manchester City £216m £205m £193.8m £225m
2 Manchester United £187m £215.8m £203m £220.8m
3 Chelsea £190m £192.7m £215.6m £218m
4 Arsenal £166.4m £180.4m £192m £200.5m
5 Liverpool £140m £144m £152m £165.6m
6 Tottenham £112m £100.4m £110.5m £121.2m
7 Everton £66m £69.3m £74.7m £83m

Transfers

Manchester City £565,650,000
Manchester United £528,800,000
Chelsea £507,459,000
Liverpool £365,600,000
Tottenham £315,450,000
Arsenal £298,340,000
Everton £191,300,000

We need try and bridge the gap off the pitch and also on the pitch.

We need Morgans, not Toms.
I read a report today stating Liverpool's wage bill this current fin year will be 208mio (about 68% of revenue)

Watched Barcelona / Celta Vigo on Sky Sports tonight.

Chap during the half-time show (his name escapes me) said his money was on Koeman as a replacement.

Thought that was odd considering how in the list of odds they had on screen, Sampaoli was on top and Koeman was joint with Pochettino at about 8/1

Didn't one of the players (think it was Gana after his goal last week) say that Koeman was putting a lot more emphasis on other players getting goals.

It's just as well we've got a superb manager who spots exactly what we need and sorts it, isn't it ;)
Well wanting isn't getting. We have Lukaku on 18 goals and then a FB on 5 and the rest nowhere to be seen.

Maybe the superb manager can address that issue before he gets off early for his golf session?

Well wanting isn't getting. We have Lukaku on 18 goals and then a FB on 5 and the rest nowhere to be seen.

Maybe the superb manager can address that issue before he gets off early for his golf session?
You hate it don't you.

I like the idea he doesn't work that hard actually. I think he's that good he doesn't need to be one of those "live and breath football 24/7" types who (and I've seen it in my workplace too) are all too often trying to cover up for their own inadequacies on the job by working over-hard.

On the goals, according to Gana Koeman has only recently emphasised more of them getting on the scoresheet so since Koeman is an extraordinarily effective coach and people manager I'm pretty sure you'll get a much improved spread of goals among the players as the season goes on...

You hate it don't you.
Yes. And rightly so. We have to have a better balance in the team than Lukaku + luggage. He might be the best signing in the last 30 years of the club's history but we really shouldn't be almost solely reliant on him to win us matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back