Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea he doesn't work that hard actually. I think he's that good he doesn't need to be one of those "live and breath football 24/7" types who (and I've seen it in my workplace too) are all too often trying to cover up for their own inadequacies on the job by working over-hard.

On the goals, according to Gana Koeman has only recently emphasised more of them getting on the scoresheet so since Koeman is an extraordinarily effective coach and people manager I'm pretty sure you'll get a much improved spread of goals among the players as the season goes on...
maybe he can hand back some of the £6m he gets if he's a PT manager.

Yes. And rightly so. We have to have a better balance in the team than Lukaku + luggage. He might be the best signing in the last 30 years of the club's history but we really shouldn't be almost solely reliant on him to win us matches.
Our last match was won without him, his goal was the icing on the cake. Look at UTD no ibra goal no win.

maybe he can hand back some of the £6m he gets if he's a PT manager.

I reckon payment for results is better than payment for no of hours put in (wish I could persuade my workplace of that though...).

One Minute Manager is one of my favourite books. In it you spend one minute telling the people you manage what you want from them, spend another minute if needed giving them coaching on how to do this and then you spend the rest of your day looking out of the window (or playing golf maybe..).

If the people you manage achieve what you want you spend one minute giving them praise. If they don't you give them a one minute reprimand.

Sounds good to me ;)

RK is at long odds for the Arsenal job but I think his odds will start shortening soon. To me this is a more realistic threat than Barca.

"Ronald Koeman has emerged as the hot favourite to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. But the Gunners may have to move quickly because of interest in theEverton manager from his former club Barcelona, who are seeking a summer replacement for Luis Enrique.

Koeman, 53, is seen by influential members of the Arsenal board as the perfect replacement for Wenger, whose contract runs out at the end of the season. The Dutchman has impressed Gunners chiefs with his work in the Premier League at Southampton and Everton since arriving from Feyenoord in his homeland three years ago."

No mate. I think most reasonable people wouldn't argue that three players getting one each is not the same input as one player getting 8 or 9.

Scoring wise we are Lukaku + luggage - and that needs looking at.
We're a one man band with Lukaku doing his Leo Sayer Impression, now that statement I can live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back