Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat one good team in that run of 10 games, and that could so easily have been so different, as City had no luck early doors.
Don't give me stats, stats mean nothing. Bob Latchford scored 30 goals one year, is he really our No. 2 to Dixie Dean, Stekelenburg
saved 2 penalties against City, is he the best goalie in the Prem. Now you shake your head and get rid of all those useless numbers
So if we only beat 1 good team in that run why would u expect us to go to Spurs and win?

Why was everyone surprised by how outclassed we were by Spurs? Have you all missed the whole reason Koeman was hired? It was a rebuilding job right from the start so it's no great surprise that that we're getting beat by the established sides above us more often then not. Given time I have faith that Koeman will resolve this problem but it won't happen overnight. He made a few mistakes on Sun but name one manager in the game who hasn't?

We beat one good team in that run of 10 games, and that could so easily have been so different, as City had no luck early doors.
Don't give me stats, stats mean nothing. Bob Latchford scored 30 goals one year, is he really our No. 2 to Dixie Dean, Stekelenburg
saved 2 penalties against City, is he the best goalie in the Prem. Now you shake your head and get rid of all those useless numbers

Hi mate,

You may want to lay off the crack. It's frying your brain.

Thanks, and have a good day

Chris

Did the 10 game unbeaten run upset you? It really comes across as it did.

If you are going to try and beat him with a stick when he does something wrong, at least be balanced and man enough to give him credit when he does something right.

Are do you just prefer sniping in general?

The two times we've been outclassed by better teams in the first half , Chelsea and Spurs, it was against a team playing three at the back. RK has still to figure out a system to match them with the players he has, and maybe it will require another transfer window to get there. Equally it is something that he needs to figure out, are we best with three at the back or four at the back, do we have three defensive midfielders or two etc

The two times we've been outclassed by better teams in the first half , Chelsea and Spurs, it was against a team playing three at the back. RK has still to figure out a system to match them with the players he has, and maybe it will require another transfer window to get there. Equally it is something that he needs to figure out, are we best with three at the back or four at the back, do we have three defensive midfielders or two etc
We were also outclassed at City mate, but I take your point.

I think we have two problems here. Firstly, our central defenders are not the best, and are somewhat exposed playing in a back 4 against top quality opposition. We need to play a back 3 against the better teams imo, until we bring in better quality defenders. That formation also gives us a bit more width and balance.

Secondly, we have an imbalanced squad with most of our better players being defensive/central midfielders. I feel that RK is trying to fit too many of those players into the same team and it's upsetting our balance. We have gotten away with it against the lesser teams but were ruthlessly exposed on Sunday. I'm hoping RK will learn from the weekend, but I'm disheartened by how long it took him to sort it out when it was so obviously not working and we ended up conceding a second.

At the end of the day though, looking at our remaining fixtures I thought this was going t be the most difficult and I would have been very happy with a draw. The loss was hardly unexpected, it was a reality check for some of the fans, and shows that we need to improve the squad/team in so many area's if we want to challenge for top 4.

He's had a week of Barca speculation, I think he's took his eye off the Spurs game and watched a few Spanish tapes. Last Sunday
was Koemans biggest match with us and he did exactly what Moyes & Martinez would have done, he 'Bottled it'. So,,,,,Get Rid.
Lol at this verbal diarrhoea! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suppose that your just a WUM and don't really believe the crap you've typed here but if your serious then my advice would be for you to get some professional help because you must of come down with the worst case of bedwettingitis ever seen.

Why was everyone surprised by how outclassed we were by Spurs? Have you all missed the whole reason Koeman was hired? It was a rebuilding job right from the start so it's no great surprise that that we're getting beat by the established sides above us more often then not. Given time I have faith that Koeman will resolve this problem but it won't happen overnight. He made a few mistakes on Sun but name one manager in the game who hasn't?

Craig Shakespeare...

Yet.

Did the 10 game unbeaten run upset you? It really comes across as it did.

If you are going to try and beat him with a stick when he does something wrong, at least be balanced and man enough to give him credit when he does something right.

Are do you just prefer sniping in general?
Why don't you get your arse off the fence, it must be full of splinters, like your head.

He's had a week of Barca speculation, I think he's took his eye off the Spurs game and watched a few Spanish tapes. Last Sunday
was Koemans biggest match with us and he did exactly what Moyes & Martinez would have done, he 'Bottled it'. So,,,,,Get Rid.
You utter prize turkey. Sound, bin off Koeman after 6 months, who do you want in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back