Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You utter prize turkey. Sound, bin off Koeman after 6 months, who do you want in?
Seriously. I want someone from our backroom staff, with a Scouse accent, that loves Everton like I do, not an Irishman, not a Welshman,
not a Scotsman, certainly no more foreigners. If it takes 2 Scousers, then so be it. Ask Tony Bellew to give team talks coz whoever gives
'em now is a waste of space.
What we witnessed last Sunday was capitulation, that game was the most important game we've played since Villareal C/L. Koeman blew it,
he had his head turned by Barca. I would get the plane ready for another 'FlyPast'.

Seriously. I want someone from our backroom staff, with a Scouse accent, that loves Everton like I do, not an Irishman, not a Welshman,
not a Scotsman, certainly no more foreigners. If it takes 2 Scousers, then so be it. Ask Tony Bellew to give team talks coz whoever gives
What we witnessed last Sunday was capitulation, that game was the most important game we've played since Villareal C/L. Koeman blew it,
he had his head turned by Barca. I would get the plane ready for another 'FlyPast'.

What's your opinion on Paul Nuttall mate?

Wow wtf

Aye 2nd vs 7th the biggest game since Villarreal; not like we've had cup semi-finals or Europa league since.

I'll call it a day now, I seem to be attracting simpletons. I must say that I've been called some names over years, but the worst one today
was ' A Prize Turkey ' a totally despicable thing to call someone, I'll have a job getting to sleep tonight.

Why was everyone surprised by how outclassed we were by Spurs? Have you all missed the whole reason Koeman was hired? It was a rebuilding job right from the start so it's no great surprise that that we're getting beat by the established sides above us more often then not. Given time I have faith that Koeman will resolve this problem but it won't happen overnight. He made a few mistakes on Sun but name one manager in the game who hasn't?

I was as disappointed as the next Blue during and after the game. It was the realisation that we've still a way to go.
Your post is way too sensible!

I was as disappointed as the next Blue during and after the game. It was the realisation that we've still a way to go.
Your post is way too sensible!
For me it was knowing we played the wrong personnel and format and that we could have made a much better fist of it. Never expected to win though.

The idea that our manager somehow couldn't game plan because he was distracted by Barca interest is really silly.

Perhaps he just made a tactical error? It certainly wasn't a good moment, but PERHAPS he thought Barry could be the one to play over the high line? Perhaps he thought that even though Barry isn't very mobile that all those other midfielders could occupy enough space, win enough balls, and get Barry enough opportunities to make it a game. He just miscalculated how past it Barry was and how easily Spurs would exploint the space in front of him in order to dictate their offense. He DEFINITELY took a calculated risk by putting Barry back on after half as he was always going to sub him. That was an even worse mistake.

Distracted by Barca? No. Bad game plan and adjustments that came too late? Yes.

Clearly a bit lacking in quality with Mori, Barry, Joel and others, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back