Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting much this season if I'm honest. Think we will have similar season to last for the simple fact we are still some distance off the teams above us and we have the worst manager out of the top 7.

I go with 7th place finish but with a larger gap between us and 6th place due to lack of Roms goals.

You'll call this post negative, I call it realistic.

This forum is ridiculous. One minute there is crazy hype that we are going to challenge for silver wear, the next (after a poor win) we are going to struggle and our team are all useless. Why not stop overanalysing things before they've even happened and just see how things pan out? I've given up on being optimistic but I'm not going to be pessimistic either. I'll just try to get behind the team and the manager and hope.

This forum is ridiculous. One minute there is crazy hype that we are going to challenge for silver wear, the next (after a poor win) we are going to struggle and our team are all useless. Why not stop overanalysing things before they've even happened and just see how things pan out? I've given up on being optimistic but I'm not going to be pessimistic either. I'll just try to get behind the team and the manager and hope.

I blame the FIFA and FM generation.

This forum is ridiculous. One minute there is crazy hype that we are going to challenge for silver wear, the next (after a poor win) we are going to struggle and our team are all useless.

Unless it's the same people saying these things then I see nothing ridiculous at all.

Keep the faith brother, dont allow the agendas of the bed wetters cloud your judgement, be excited, you should be!

Good management from Koeman and Unsworth in farming out the likes of Pennington, Joe Williams, Browning, Galloway and Dowell ( though @davek doesn't seem to agree ! ) on loan. Gives them chance to get some first team footie and show, from afar, that they're good enough to warrant a first team spot here.

Nice to see Everton moving on from needing loans to making up the numbers to become the opposite.

Coleman
Gueye
Schneiderlin
Keane

None.

And realistically we aren't in a position to attract top players. However I just don't get the impression we are building towards anything. The vision seems to be confused.

I would say top 4 level players in bold, the rest need to be in the squad;

Pickford/???
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate - ???/??? -- ???/Baines
???/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
???/Dowell -- ???/???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
GK as backup
CB as first choice
CB as rotation
LB as first choice
CM playmaker as first choice
CM rotation for Schneiderlin/Gana
RF as first choice
CF as first choice
CF as rotation

The interesting element will be to see where Sigurdsson and Klaassen end up playing.

Personally think Klaassen is a bizarre signing and seems like Koeman went for him because he knows he's a good value player if he replicates the goals at Ajax with us. But I doubt he would have signed him if he wasn't Dutch, same with Cuco who only got signed as hes basically their pet.

We were crying out for a playmaker in the middle but went for Klaassen...no need for a right back and went for Cuco

Hopefully Koeman has named some left sided defenders who walsh signs...could have been signed weeks ago unless were waiting on stars...

Good management from Koeman and Unsworth in farming out the likes of Pennington, Joe Williams, Browning, Galloway and Dowell ( though @davek doesn't seem to agree ! ) on loan. Gives them chance to get some first team footie and show, from afar, that they're good enough to warrant a first team spot here.

Nice to see Everton moving on from needing loans to making up the numbers to become the opposite.

Dowell hasn't gone has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back