Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say top 4 level players in bold, the rest need to be in the squad;

Pickford/???
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate - ???/??? -- ???/Baines
???/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
???/Dowell -- ???/???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
GK as backup
CB as first choice
CB as rotation
LB as first choice
CM playmaker as first choice
CM rotation for Schneiderlin/Gana
RF as first choice
CF as first choice
CF as rotation

The interesting element will be to see where Sigurdsson and Klaassen end up playing.

Personally think Klaassen is a bizarre signing and seems like Koeman went for him because he knows he's a good value player if he replicates the goals at Ajax with us. But I doubt he would have signed him if he wasn't Dutch, same with Cuco who only got signed as hes basically their pet.

We were crying out for a playmaker in the middle but went for Klaassen...no need for a right back and went for Cuco

Hopefully Koeman has named some left sided defenders who walsh signs...could have been signed weeks ago unless were waiting on stars...

Jesus Christ, only Zatmania would remove a player we just paid 24m for.

Wait, are you saying we need 9 more players?

lollollol

Strange to think how far we've moved on from just over a year ago. I still have nightmares.

Clown.webp

Heard from a relative of an u23 player that he's pissed off a few youngsters this week (Davies, Dowell, Kenny and Connolly)

Not saying it's gospel or anything but was also told Dowell is possibly going to Forest on loan. If that materialises that will prob be a good indication if the above is true.

Do my weasel points get rescinded?

Straight up legit itk!

@orly

Not expecting much this season if I'm honest. Think we will have similar season to last for the simple fact we are still some distance off the teams above us and we have the worst manager out of the top 7.

I go with 7th place finish but with a larger gap between us and 6th place due to lack of Roms goals.

You'll call this post negative, I call it realistic.
I agree and also think the gap between us and 8th will be much less

Heard from a relative of an u23 player that he's pissed off a few youngsters this week (Davies, Dowell, Kenny and Connolly)

To be honest, I think this is pretty much inevitable. I also suspect that young lads will overreact when other players are either brought in or played ahead of them.

Koeman will presumably have been straight with them, quite possibly overly so, but the only one of those four that I'd say has a legitimate grievance is Kenny, because it's hard to see how he's a worse option than Martina.

Dowell might be ready for the first team, but that's by no means certain. Without injuries, I can't see Connolly getting much game time and Davies, talented though he is, is up against Morgan, Gueye and Klassen, so he's not a shoe in for the first eleven, but will still get game time, so needs to take advantage of any chances he gets.

If we're to bridge the gap to the top six then we need to sign and/ or develop better players. That will inevitably mean some players who might othewise have got game time, will be disappointed. It's part of Koeman's job to manage that disappointment, but that's not top of his skill set so some feathers will likely get ruffled.

No manager's perfect. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Not saying it's gospel or anything but was also told Dowell is possibly going to Forest on loan. If that materialises that will prob be a good indication if the above is true.
Nice. Another very rare example of genuine itk info to follow the Onyekuru spotted at the airport from a few weeks ago. Two in one summer. Must be a record. You also mentioned that Kenny was ahead of Connolly. What does that mean given that they play in different positions?
Perhaps it's RK just trying to push Connolly out the door as part of the Gylfi deal. RK is one ruthless mf. He best get the results given the incredible backing his vision is getting. If Connolly is sacrificed and goes on to become a top player that's going to grate like hell.

Absolutely staggering the amount of people on here that want our own manager to fail, and in doing so our season, just so he might get sacked.

I dont understand it myself, they thrive off misery, something bad happens and there they are "told you so", its mind blowing stuff, I personally didnt want Koeman as manager, I always thought he was total meh, but I will support him until such a time I feel hes doing such a bad job that he doesnt deserve my support. I didnt want Martinez, but I gave that utter clown 2.5 years before I went rogue, Koeman will get at least the same from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back