Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting like RAWK in here. If we're not praising Ronk or gushing about our new signings, we aren't a real fan or something.

Some of us are realistic and have seen it all many times before.
So.. do you frequent RAWK a bit? No one's effusive with praise for the Big K.O.E!? Certainly not like he's a messiah. His positives & negatives are discussed with reason within this thread. Ron may not be an elite Manager- let him build the squad he wants & let's see how he does. Now is not the time for the gnashing & wailing. Come xmas & we're absolute bonk- then fair game.

That was just a bit of bait which you gobbled up nicely.

If by "seen it all many times before" you mean building a very good squad that's capable of finishing in Europe then no, I'd argue anyone under the age of 30 hasn't seen it many times before.
A side that finished 7th you mean? And even then, only Lukaku and Ross managed to score more than 4 goals each. Both of those won't be here in the new season so who replaces their goals?

Some serious straw clutching going on. If we had bought a proven goal scorer and a midfielder that will light up Goodison then I'd be excited. But we haven't.

Prove me wrong, Ronk.

A side that finished 7th you mean? And even then, only Lukaku and Ross managed to score more than 4 goals each. Both of those won't be here in the new season so who replaces their goals?

Some serious straw clutching going on. If we had bought a proven goal scorer and a midfielder that will light up Goodison then I'd be excited. But we haven't.

Prove me wrong, Ronk.

Others will share the duty of scoring goals.

Sigurdsson is coming in. Koeman will sign another striker. We bought in players and the squad has improved.

How is that constructive debate? "Oh you know better than the manager do you?"

It's a debate forum. Not everyone is convinced by Ronk.

Of course, but when people blatantly look past the facts such as

1. Been here only 12 months and we improved significantly in his only season to date
2. Got european football back
3. Has been a very consistent manager for 3 seasons on the bounce now and this is the first time he has actually had money to play with

then I simply put it down to the fact that it is them who lack the basic skills to even enter a balanced debate.

How is that constructive debate? "Oh you know better than the manager do you?"

It's a debate forum. Not everyone is convinced by Ronk.
It was a little tease and taken as so by the original poster @sageyefc
If this offended you as not being valid debate take a look at some of the abuse that regularly gets posted on here
I retain my right to have a tease as much as davek retains his right to WUM every thread into submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back