Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe Ronko will lead us into normality and no further. there will be some highs, some lows but mostly just okays. he will not winneth a trophy and will be gone by the start of the 2018/2019 season.

i further believe the next manager will be The One

let there be vaulting
I agree.

If Moyes was hoof and puff then Koeman looks on first evidence to be huff and puff. Martinez showed signs in the first season that he could be the one...our Neo. It wasn't to be and we'll wait a little longer for our leader to break through the matrix.....

....whisper it, but I'd venture our next boss after Koeman might be sitting next to Guardiola on the City bench.

He's got much better vision and awareness of his team mates. If Lukaku is looking for someone to get Lukaku's season up and running how can he turn to anyone else other than Deulofeu, who has a great understanding with him?

Koeman has played GD inside and he just cant operate there.

IIRC he had a problem with Tadic also?
possibly, but that early ball into the box that was successful last year has been sussed and he doesn't appear to be able to do anything different, the performance at West Brom was absolutely woeful

I agree.

If Moyes was hoof and puff then Koeman looks on first evidence to be huff and puff. Martinez showed signs in the first season that he could be the one...our Neo. It wasn't to be and we'll wait a little longer for our leader to break through the matrix.....

....whisper it, but I'd venture our next boss after Koeman might be sitting next to Guardiola on the City bench.

Yaya Toure?

doubt it Dave

possibly, but that early ball into the box that was successful last year has been sussed and he doesn't appear to be able to do anything different, the performance at West Brom was absolutely woeful
Early days.

He has to be played out wide though. Koeman has to make a decision: does he play Deulofeu and allow him a free role to cause mayhem, or does he also demand a shift from him that he looks physically ill suited to giving?

He's the most talented we have and if it were me I'd tell him to just get himself facing the opposition goal.

Sad day for football and Everton when that sorry day arrives. Deulofeu is an Everton type of player. Great individual skills, crowd pleaser. Anyone who cant see that doesn't know their own club's history, imo.
the 84/85 team weren't exactly total football, they were an absolute powerhouse of a team who were physically imposing, well organised, and more often than not physically dominated teams before out playing them. Koeman knows what he is doing and we certainly wont be bullied by the likes of Stoke city and West ham any more

Early days.

He has to be played out wide though. Koeman has to make a decision: does he play Deulofeu and allow him a free role to cause mayhem, or does he also demand a shift from him that he looks physically ill suited to giving?

He's the most talented we have and if it were me I'd tell him to just get himself facing the opposition goal.
Roberto told him and Mcgeady to do just that, see also Barkley and Mirallas, hence our full backs and midfield being completely over run at times, Seamus Coleman deteriorated so much under Roberto, if hedoes get back in instead of Holgate it will be intersting to see the impact our new style has had on him

the 84/85 team weren't exactly total football, they were an absolute powerhouse of a team who were physically imposing, well organised, and more often than not physically dominated teams before out playing them. Koeman knows what he is doing and we certainly wont be bullied by the likes of Stoke city and West ham any more
I agree, but they had a blend of toughness and flair. Sheedy and Steven were superb ball players. Ratcliffe was accomplished. I get the need for power and pace, but if you leave out creativity it'll just get you Crystal Palace.

Koeman knows his onions, whatever choices he makes he'll make them with the best interests of the side - his side, at heart.

He'll break a few eggs as he's uncompromising, people won't always agree with his shouts, but he's a winner and I'll trust his judgement despite whatever my view is.

Roberto told him and Mcgeady to do just that, see also Barkley and Mirallas, hence our full backs and midfield being completely over run at times, Seamus Coleman deteriorated so much under Roberto, if hedoes get back in instead of Holgate it will be intersting to see the impact our new style has had on him
The problem is you cant have too many getting the free ride in games. It's not that one player shouldn't have the over-riding responsibility to create.

I agree.

not a fan at all of your deliberately divisive posts Dave. You seem allergic to balanced comment and always looking to reel in morre excitable posters. which would be fine it wasnt 100% of your output.

However, I do think possibly Koeman is being lauded because we snatched him from a team doing better than us, because of his name and because of how bad we have been. Its very early days and I'll support fully but have a feeling we are going to settle for a while for the safety of an average manager like many of the Moyes years. and this is accepted and built up to be bigger by some because its an improvement on the last two seasons. i was excited by the change that seemed apparent when Martinez came in, and then as it seemed to click on the pitch, but Koeman doesnt excite me so much. He makes me expect an Everton that I've seen far too many times before.

lets see though. força toffees

I agree, but they had a blend of toughness and flair. Sheedy and Steven were superb ball players. Ratcliffe was accomplished. I get the need for power and pace, but if you leave out creativity it'll just get you Crystal Palace.
you can't say we are without flair, Barkley, Mirallas, Bolasie, Baines, Coleman, possibly Dowell to come in later on, I just cant see Ged surviving, i hope i am wrong because he can be brilliant, just cant see Koeman persevering with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back