Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman knows his onions, whatever choices he makes he'll make them with the best interests of the side - his side, at heart.

He'll break a few eggs as he's uncompromising, people won't always agree with his shouts, but he's a winner and I'll trust his judgement despite whatever my view is.
He looked far from uncompromising in that press conference today...in fact he sounded very compromised when he was telling the world that he was happy with his board's work in the transfer window.

He's been here a few weeks. I haven't made my mind up on him yet. I hope he's as ruthless as he appears (or is claimed to be by his admirers), but for me he failed that first test today. He needed to be firm in the message to everyone that a shambles like that is not tolerable. He bottled it.

you can't say we are without flair, Barkley, Mirallas, Bolasie, Baines, Coleman, possibly Dowell to come in later on, I just cant see Ged surviving, i hope i am wrong because he can be brilliant, just cant see Koeman persevering with him.
Out of those players you list I'd only agree that two have flair (Barkley and Dowell). In any case, it's what you do with flair that matters.

not a fan at all of your deliberately divisive posts Dave. You seem allergic to balanced comment and always looking to reel in morre excitable posters. which would be fine it wasnt 100% of your output.

However, I do think possibly Koeman is being lauded because we snatched him from a team doing better than us, because of his name and because of how bad we have been. Its very early days and I'll support fully but have a feeling we are going to settle for a while for the safety of an average manager like many of the Moyes years. and this is accepted and built up to be bigger by some because its an improvement on the last two seasons. i was excited by the change that seemed apparent when Martinez came in, and then as it seemed to click on the pitch, but Koeman doesnt excite me so much. He makes me expect an Everton that I've seen far too many times before.

lets see though. força toffees

Good post mate. I agree with all that.

He looked far from uncompromising in that press conference today...in fact he sounded very compromised when he was telling the world that he was happy with his board's work in the transfer window.

He's been her a few weeks. I haven't made my mind up on him yet. I hope he's as ruthless as he appears (or is claimed to be by his admirers), but for me he failed that first test today. He needed to be firm in the message to everyone that a shambles like that is not tolerable. He bottled it.
rubbish, why is he going to send out a message to the media, supporters and most importantly his own players that we are in disarray behind the scenes? especially when we really aren't, apart from about 20 posters on here and some Blue union biffs on twatter.

Out of those players you list I'd only agree that two have flair (Barkley and Dowell). In any case, it's what you do with flair that matters.
its what the people with flair do that matters, and hitching your shorts right up yer arse and blowing out your cheeks is not i suspect at the top of Ronalds list

rubbish, why is he going to send out a message to the media, supporters and most importantly his own players that we are in disarray behind the scenes? especially when we really aren't, apart from about 20 posters on here and some Blue union biffs on twatter.
That;s your opinion mate and I respect it. But for me he was too fawning about the board's conduct in this window...AND he left himself hostage to his own words in the near future if things start to go wrong. People will have justification now to say: "Ahh, but you said the window was overall a success and the board were spot on".

It was naive. lacking in strategy and above all a bottling job.

That;s your opinion mate and I respect it. But for me he was too fawning about the board's conduct in this window...AND he left himself hostage to his own words in the near future if things start to go wrong. People will have justification now to say: "Ahh, but you said the window was overall a success and the board were spot on".

It was naive. lacking in strategy and above all a bottling job.
this man is ambitious and has made no secret of the fact he wants a shot at managing Barca. for that to happen he has to be a success here, I think that if he didn't think that was possible here he wouldn't have come. interesting to hear that he said he spoke to Sissoko himself 10 days before TDD and he told Koeman he was interested in signing for us. i dont see what more we could have done.

However, I do think possibly Koeman is being lauded because we snatched him from a team doing better than us, because of his name and because of how bad we have been. Its very early days and I'll support fully but have a feeling we are going to settle for a while for the safety of an average manager like many of the Moyes years. and this is accepted and built up to be bigger by some because its an improvement on the last two seasons. i was excited by the change that seemed apparent when Martinez came in, and then as it seemed to click on the pitch, but Koeman doesnt excite me so much. He makes me expect an Everton that I've seen far too many times before.

lets see though. força toffees
I've been very surprised at how quickly people have moved to canonize him as a great manager. He did well at Southampton, but not particularly better than Moyes here - who I think we all agree is not good enough. Before that his successes came in the Netherlands. His stint in Spain was definitely a mixed bag.

He was absolutely a top tier player, but to me he's not proved much at a managerial level beyond being competent. Which still seems to be an upgrade for us, but the shouts that we went out and got a 'great' manager seem excessively premature to me. Next thing we'll be putting him up on the side of Goodison and giving him a fully guaranteed contract.

I wasn't particularly keen on Koeman to begin with, and he has definitely won me over with his results so far, but I still need to see more before we go and anoint him. And I, like you, don't think he'll be the one to get us over the hump. I do think he'll be the one to reposition us for that race, but it will be run by a different manager.

Tbf, and as I said above, I think that usage of the term 'striker' was political: he must know he looks a right divvy after that window when he knows that we all knew he wanted forwards in and all he got given was a West Ham substitute.

Seven strikers is a ridiculous thing to say.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back