Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and why shouldn't it be? He's produced NOTHING so I keep a perfectly open mind on him. Only a fool would do otherwise.

I think he's started well and shown a high level of competency in a short time.

Do you mean he's produced nothing at Everton or ever?

I think he's started well and shown a high level of competency in a short time.

Do you mean he's produced nothing at Everton or ever?
Yes.

Get results and get plaudits. That's the only way to go. He's had a couple of very decent seasons at Southampton, but this is a step up.

Yes.

Get results and get plaudits. That's the only way to go. He's had a couple of very decent seasons at Southampton, but this is a step up.

He's shown enough for me to get right behind him. While I understand your skepticism after a series of disappointments, I think worthy until proven worthless is a healthier place to be for a supporter.

I hope you join us, but I sense a subtle plot.

I agree.

If Moyes was hoof and puff then Koeman looks on first evidence to be huff and puff. Martinez showed signs in the first season that he could be the one...our Neo. It wasn't to be and we'll wait a little longer for our leader to break through the matrix.....

....whisper it, but I'd venture our next boss after Koeman might be sitting next to Guardiola on the City bench.

Arteta? Probably the best player of 21st century Everton (Rooney aside), remind me which 'hoof and puff' manager brought him in for 2 mill?

I dont understand the question. First season here he played 25 times in a season where he picked up an injury and had to go back to Barcelona. Second season of Martinez's he wasn't allowed here and was in Spain. Third season he played 28 times.

I think you'll have to redefine the term 'being left out'.

Deulofeu was frequently benched for wide options of Kone and Cleverley. Total antifootball from the con man.

In fact at times he had Mirallas Lennon and Deulofeu as options and didn't start with any of them.

Koeman coming in and playing Mirallas Deulofeu and Bolasie all in the same line up was enough for me to know the nightmare is over and our new manager actually has some idea about the game of football and hasn't won a 'be a football manager' prize off a carton of milk like our last one.

this man is ambitious and has made no secret of the fact he wants a shot at managing Barca. for that to happen he has to be a success here, I think that if he didn't think that was possible here he wouldn't have come. interesting to hear that he said he spoke to Sissoko himself 10 days before TDD and he told Koeman he was interested in signing for us. i dont see what more we could have done.

Maybe tried to get him signed up 10 days before the TDD, instead of last minute.

Maybe tried to get him signed up 10 days before the TDD, instead of last minute.

Koeman made it pretty clear in the presser Lou that it was attempted. Money talks. Sissoko, his agent and Newcastle knew that the longer they waited the more money would build up. It's that simple.

Personally think we may have dodged a bullet but if Koeman wanted him it's a shame we didn't get him. In equal measure, though, I would expect most players to currently chose Spurs over us. It's just the way it is as it stands

Koeman made it pretty clear in the presser Lou that it was attempted. Money talks. Sissoko, his agent and Newcastle knew that the longer they waited the more money would build up. It's that simple.

Personally think we may have dodged a bullet but if Koeman wanted him it's a shame we didn't get him. In equal measure, though, I would expect most players to currently chose Spurs over us. It's just the way it is as it stands

Know what your saying mate, but did we make a bid after Koeman spoke to Sissoko 10 days before the window closed, and he said he was interested in signing for us? we should have been trying to get it done and dusted then, not put a bid in on the evening of the window closing.

By the way, agree we dodged a bullet with him.

Know what your saying mate, but if true that Koeman spoke to Sissoko 10 days before the window closed, and he said he was interested in signing for us, then we should have been trying to get it done and dusted then, not put a bid in on the evening of the window closing.

Several sources have claimed that the fee was agreed the day before but yeh, I agree with your post in principle. Then again, w emay not have been willing to meet N'Castle's £35mil asking price... Who knows.

I don't have an issue with any of Koeman's comments yesterday.

The place to raise his frustration / disappointment, if it exists, with our transfer dealings, is face to face with the board.

I hope he is a little angry privately, we need that bit of tension between board and manager for each to push the other.

Criticising the club publically would do nothing other than give the media a stick to beat us with, and they have enough of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back