Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice but I want that as league games not all games. Also while a goals scored per games ratio went up so did our goals conceded, a huge problem. We also drew far too may games.

Manager Stats show him as W60 L41 D43 Total 144 Win% 41.67

where as Moyes shows

W218 D139 L161 Total518 Win% 42.08

Either way both were not good enough.
you're right...but the corner Moyes had to fight from was further from the centre of the ring than Martinez's.
Even with Belgium's abundant football talent, simple 'rope-a dope' strategy from their opponents will find them out very quickly.

They've hired a snake oil salesman.

Random post here, but im hearing media have a pop at Leicester fans about their ambitions for this season.

Way i see it, their are 2 things, fans ambitions and then realistic targets.....and sooooo many people get these mixed up.

I really do think moyes pushed that change with media and some fans.

Look at Big Nev, he talks of aiming for top spot or whats the points!?!

Now we all get he was part of pir glory era so he will say that as thats what Howard probably pushed, but its changed.

I dont and never have seen 7th or even 4th as "success ", i have argued with blues on here about that. I see that as a decent acheivement....and a good season, but it is not and has never been success for us.

Random post here, but im hearing media have a pop at Leicester fans about their ambitions for this season.

Way i see it, their are 2 things, fans ambitions and then realistic targets.....and sooooo many people get these mixed up.

I really do think moyes pushed that change with media and some fans.

Look at Big Nev, he talks of aiming for top spot or whats the points!?!

Now we all get he was part of pir glory era so he will say that as thats what Howard probably pushed, but its changed.

I dont and never have seen 7th or even 4th as "success ", i have argued with blues on here about that. I see that as a decent acheivement....and a good season, but it is not and has never been success for us.

e1394868d0932ba861e567aaa646df50.jpg

Is Koeman seriously getting criticised already? We are having a fantastic start more than I could imagine after the shambles and anti-tactics Martinez drilled into the side. I thought it would take at least half a season to get us solid and a team capable of getting results like a professional team.

Yet didn't exactly fail either. In fact I'm pretty sure he resigned from Benfica due to not winning the league - even though it was against a strong Porto side. He did however win their equivalent of the cup.

At Valencia, they were poor in the league yes, against a huge backfall of financial instability however - and that has been said many times before. And even so, they still won the Copa - so going by your logic for Martinez mate that's a huge plus.

Either way, he quite clearly learnt from his mistakes at those massive clubs (both bigger than Everton, btw) and has improved in the seven years since he was sacked from Valencia.

Try telling that to a Valencia supporter.

Didnt fail...dearie me.

Martinez
played won drawn lost 143 61 39 43 42.7
won
drawn
lost
win % 43%

Moyes
played
Won
drawn
lost
win % 42.1

Royle
played
won
drawn
lost
win % 40%

That really puts things into perspective when you think about it. Really shows you how badly Martinez deteriorated after that first season. His following 2 seasons destroyed any credibility he made from the first.

I remember my Wigan mate telling me time and time again that the more Martinez has time with this Everton the more we will become more funerable and slip down the table. He said the first was a result of a drilled defence adopted. I'd laugh at him and pat him on the head. Needles to say he got the last laugh. It was embarrassing but you just have to admit when you're wrong.

That really puts things into perspective when you think about it. Really shows you how badly Martinez deteriorated after that first season. His following 2 seasons destroyed any credibility he made from the first.

I remember my Wigan mate telling me time and time again that the more Martinez has time with this Everton the more we will become more funerable and slip down the table. He said the first was a result of a drilled defence adopted. I'd laugh at him and pat him on the head. Needles to say he got the last laugh. It was embarrassing but you just have to admit when you're wrong.
Did you ask him whether he and the other supporters of the pub team he follows enjoyed the biggest success in their history...something akin to North Korea winning the World Cup?

I'd have laughed in his face and called him an ingrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back