Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ask him whether he and the other supporters of the pub team he follows enjoyed the biggest success in their history...something akin to North Korea winning the World Cup?

I'd have laughed in his face and called him an ingrate.

You best believe I did. Especially in the first season. I was even giving him the FA cup jabs just before that FA cup semi but ultimately I was clutching at straws. We got knocked out but either way he was right the Everton fans had enough and the rest is history.

Did you ask him whether he and the other supporters of the pub team he follows enjoyed the biggest success in their history...something akin to North Korea winning the World Cup?

I'd have laughed in his face and called him an ingrate.
You are the worst troll on the Internet. I'll give you that!

If winning a cup is failing, then I hope he FAILS hard here.

The Copa he won was the last trophy they won by the way, yeah, they must HATE him.

Do you really want to argue about how bad he was there? He nearly relegated the 3rd best team in the league (would have done unless he was sacked), had the players filing lawsuits and the story goes that they ignored him in the cup to show the owner how they would be in the league without him.

They hate him. Thats why it would be surprising if he ever got another job in spain he was such a disaster.

People were amazed he got the southampton job as he had been pretty bad until feyenoord.

Do you really want to argue about how bad he was there? He nearly relegated the 3rd best team in the league (would have done unless he was sacked), had the players filing lawsuits and the story goes that they ignored him in the cup to show the owner how they would be in the league without him.

They hate him. Thats why it would be surprising if he ever got another job in spain he was such a disaster.

People were amazed he got the southampton job as he had been pretty bad until feyenoord.

They dont hate him, he won them their last trophy, 3rd best team in Spain, they wont win anything else again.

He can nearly relegate us as long as he wins a trophy.

Oh and I love that little story you made up, "the story goes that they ignored him in the cup to show the owner how they would be in the league without him.", utterly priceless Zat.

They dont hate him, he won them their last trophy, 3rd best team in Spain, they wont win anything else again.

He can nearly relegate us as long as he wins a trophy.

Oh and I love that little story you made up, "the story goes that they ignored him in the cup to show the owner how they would be in the league without him.", utterly priceless Zat.

So the story goes...ask a valencia fan when you next see one!

If we finished 3rd then would you accept nearly getting relegated and the manager sacked the next season if he won the league cup? As that copa del rey isnt rated that highly over there.

So the story goes...ask a valencia fan when you next see one!

If we finished 3rd then would you accept nearly getting relegated and the manager sacked the next season if he won the league cup? As that copa del rey isnt rated that highly over there.

21 years Zat and you dismiss the League Cup, honest question, do you actually support Everton?

I would happily finish 17th if it meant we won a trophy.

21 years Zat and you dismiss the League Cup, honest question, do you actually support Everton?

I would happily finish 17th if it meant we won a trophy.

So if we finished 3rd and by all accounts had the 3rd best side in the league...

You would be fine finishing 17th if we won the league cup the following season?

Thats bizarre...why not try and win the title or champions league if we had such a good side.

So if we finished 3rd and by all accounts had the 3rd best side in the league...

You would be fine finishing 17th if we won the league cup the following season?

Thats bizarre...why not try and win the title or champions league if we had such a good side.

So we win a trophy and get CL football?

Struggling to see a downside here Zat.

So we win a trophy and get CL football?

Struggling to see a downside here Zat.

Let me try again lol

We finish in 3rd position in the league.
The fans, media and opposition all consider us to have the 3rd best team in the league quality wise (no fluke).

We can go and try to win the league, champions league and finish in a high position again.

OR we can take 17th position and the league cup before the season starts.

You'd take 17th and the cup? I wouldnt, id want us going all out in the league and champions league

Kind of sad that we have some fans(?) sticking the knives in Koeman already, strange!

Some people are never happy unless they make everyone else unhappy

It's far too early to be judging Koeman for or against, even with a good season under his belt I wouldn't be too quick to judge him as we know from Martinez that judging someone off 1 successful season doesn't mean they're a good manager and that 1 good season can end up costing us 10 million and a ruined reputation.

If we're fighting for relegation come January then yeah we can stick the knives in, but for anything else I think he needs at least 1 and a half seasons to be judged properly.

He's done okay thus far though, we haven't seen anything majorly impressive (apart from Gana and Stek) but there's not been much negative either and he's still finding his feet with the team

Let me try again lol

We finish in 3rd position in the league.
The fans, media and opposition all consider us to have the 3rd best team in the league quality wise (no fluke).

We can go and try to win the league, champions league and finish in a high position again.

OR we can take 17th position and the league cup before the season starts.

You'd take 17th and the cup? I wouldnt, id want us going all out in the league and champions league

They finished 4th the previous season, for the record.

And they finished Koemans season in 10th, he was manager for 6months and won a trophy, gave Juan Mata his debut and made him the player he is today.

Hardly relegation worthy.

Dunno why I even believe a thing you say, everytime you are wrong.

You continue to harp on about 6months in Koemans career 8 years ago, im done.

They finished 4th the previous season, for the record.

And they finished Koemans season in 10th, he was manager for 6months and won a trophy, gave Juan Mata his debut and made him the player he is today.

Hardly relegation worthy.

Dunno why I even believe a thing you say, everytime you are wrong.

You continue to harp on about 6months in Koemans career 8 years ago, im done.

Koeman wasnt sacked at the end of the season in 10th place...he was sacked when they were two points off relegation.

As i said before they won the cup DESPITE koeman and to show the owner what the could do without him.

Heres one article and there are many others saying the same if not WORSE....they HATED him

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp...ll/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport?0p19G=e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back