Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah don't want sackings. Just want us to compete and to be closer to the top than we were the year before. This so far looks like regression which is not acceptable after 140m spent. That's why I'm very frustrated.

Problem is we sold our main striker and we signed no one as replacement. We used his fee to get a couple of players. The Sky6 have been spending money for ages on top of their superior squads. £140m in one reason after losing Lukaku is nothing. We sell to buy. Unless we spent £140m and we kept Lukaku then I feel we must break into top 4.

I've felt apathetic this year tbh. We don't excite me and I don't look forward to watching us. But it's nothing a couple of wins won't change. It's early days so we can clearly get back on track but longer it takes us to click then the chances of improving on last year become more remote.

but this brings me back to my flip flop post

last season to you he was a legend and he needs a good song, then a bad start to the season and you have lost all faith....now you are saying a couple of wins will change that

its a nice snapshot of kneejerking fandom.

dont understand it really

They did mate but Koeman has also played his part in all this and must take his portion of the blame (god knows there's enough for everyone!).

Yes mate he is trying to fit in 3 static am players in one team with no width and we have an average height striker or a skinny kid to attack the crosses. Koeman must realize his shortcoming and make amendment or he is running the risk of becoming another stubborn idiot like the last fella.

If it were a hard fought contest and Spurs won because they had quality up front (which they do) that hit a purple patch for 20 minutes, I would be ok with that, but it was not a contest, our team was terrible and made huge errors throughout the game. I fear the players we have brought in are going to be ace at exploiting crap team's defficiencies but woefully unable to cope with good teams.

but this brings me back to my flip flop post

last season to you he was a legend and he needs a good song, then a bad start to the season and you have lost all faith....now you are saying a couple of wins will change that

its a nice snapshot of kneejerking fandom.

dont understand it really

A couple of wins always changes the mood. Especially in the early months. What's your point? You were slating the man when he was winning. I like managers who win us games. I don't like managers who lose us games.

I think he's a good manager. But that don't mean he'll do great for us. I'll back him when I think he's doing a good job but I won't when I think he's had a bad summer and 2 very poor games.

So yes I hope we get a run of wins in the near future and find a better style of play which brings points. But if he can't then I'll have little loyalty. I support everton not Everton managers.

Problem is we sold our main striker and we signed no one as replacement. We used his fee to get a couple of players. The Sky6 have been spending money for ages on top of their superior squads. £140m in one reason after losing Lukaku is nothing. We sell to buy. Unless we spent £140m and we kept Lukaku then I feel we must break into top 4.

But that's it. He had to buy the right players.

Was spending that amount of money put in the right areas?

Keane and Pickford are good buys looking into longevity.

But the outlay of £110million or so on Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Siggurdson, Klassen does make you question his plan.

His plan seemed to stem around sharing the goals from Lukaku. To me, what he's spent doesn't show that.

Then there's the whole situation with our main creative midfielder in Barkley.

If it were a hard fought contest and Spurs won because they had quality up front (which they do) that hit a purple patch for 20 minutes, I would be ok with that, but it was not a contest, our team was terrible and made huge errors throughout the game. I fear the players we have brought in are going to be ace at exploiting crap team's defficiencies but woefully unable to cope with good teams.

It could have been abar 6-8 if Spurs left 2nd gear at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back