Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley was not a RM signing.

Alcaraz, Kone, McGeady, Cleverley, Rodgriuez, Brazilian rb, Robles, Atsu, the 6 ft 8 striker, Niasse and McCarthy just wow.

Unless you think Cleverley is better than Schneiderlin. Kone is better than Sandro. I give you Martina he's like Alcaraz.
Schneiderlin from what I've seen is no better than McCarthy and possibly worse at least McCarthy ran with the ball sometimes. And Barry was clearly better than Schneiderlin is. Gana is maybe on a par with Barry but I don't think so.

I said Martinez had a better squad, and Barkley was part of that unlike now. I doubt if Koeman would ever have given Barkley a chance , would have loaned him out to Leeds probably.

Mate, you realise that Pienaar, Cahill, Saha, Fellaini, Valente, Yakubu, Marcus Bent, and 26 year old Leighton Baines don't play for us anymore yeah?

Pretty much the problem there.

We haven't replaced key players. Baines was one of the better players today but even he's a shadow of the player he used to be. What i'd do for a Pienaar/Baines 2009/10 partnership.

Interesting you've ignored Barkley completely, who is probably leaving because he wants no part of koemans bullying.

You'd be struggling anyway to list worse Martinez players than Schneiderlin, martina and Sandro .
Bullying is a serious issue that affects people the world over. On line and face to face. If you think the quotes I read earlier constitute "bullying" then I feel for those seriously affected by bullying.

Poor choice of words IMO.

He was offered £5m+ per annum FFS.

11 years of him breeding a defeatist losing mentality is ample reason not to allow him back in the ground let alone the dugout.

same 11 years he had about £2.50 transfer budget ...... this clown let Lukaku go for cut price deal and signed a bag of crap replacement
Koeman winding down his contract then he is off like Lukaku bring back Moysiah he knows how grind out results with average players

Bullying is a serious issue that affects people the world over. On line and face to face. If you think the quotes I read earlier constitute "bullying" then I feel for those seriously affected by bullying.

Poor choice of words IMO.

He was offered £5m+ per annum FFS.
As I said, Barkley is at a level where he can take matters into his own hands. If he's fallen out with Koeman then it would have been better to keep him happy. The team clearly miss his drive.

same 11 years he had about £2.50 transfer budget ...... this clown let Lukaku go for cut price deal and signed a bag of crap replacement
Koeman winding down his contract then he is off like Lukaku bring back Moysiah he knows how grind out results with average players

I wouldn't want that ginger turd anywhere near Goodison again, neither would 90% of sane Evertonians

I think Schneiderlin was the right signing unless you gonna to start Cleverley, Gibson, McCarthy and Besic anyway. Bolasie jury still out I think we need his strength and pace now. Sigirdsson maybe it's still early to say same as Klaassen. I persume both came in as replacements for Barkley. Personally Rooney is past it and should not be the first name on team sheet. Everything slows down and he has no pace to play upfront.

Koeman did say he wants those players as they are reaching their peaks. 27-30 years old players. I am ok with most of his signings they just need to play in proper positions.

Judging them individually he's made some good signings. That doesn't mean they all fit into the team correctly though. No pace up front/no width? He's just had a whole summer to address that. It's still early this season but it's worrying for me when you, I and everybody else don't really know what the strategy/tactics are. I watch us and I don't understand what we're trying to do. I'll give him his due, against City he set us up well and there was clear game plan. What was his plan today? What is the long term plan? Is it to wait for Bolasie and Coleman to return so we have people who can sprint?

The fact is people can talk about all the technical quality our players possess but the stalwarts of the premier league have proven year after year that defences love slow, technical and static players passing it around in front of them whilst they park 9 men in front of the ball. It's easy to stay in your shape, shuffle across as the play switches and then deal with the inevitable frustrated long balls and crosses that eventually come in. It's easy to defend against. Pace, power and incisive passing/movement is what eventually carves these teams open. We don't have any of these qualities.

Schneiderlin from what I've seen is no better than McCarthy and possibly worse at least McCarthy ran with the ball sometimes. And Barry was clearly better than Schneiderlin is. Gana is maybe on a par with Barry but I don't think so.

I said Martinez had a better squad, and Barkley was part of that unlike now. I doubt if Koeman would ever have given Barkley a chance , would have loaned him out to Leeds probably.

Not for me. McCarthy is now a sicknote too. Barry at his peak was better when he was playing City. Martinez's squad was abysmal but with a few good players. The rest which made up the squad were average or tosh. I am talking about the overall squad quality not on 2/3 individual players.

I am not including signings by Moyes though.

It was clear from a couple of minutes in today that the wrong players were chosen for the wrong system being played. Long balls up to Sandro - the guy cannot win a header, it's ridiculous.

Although I'm not sure why he didn't start with DLC, the whole thing just seems slow and turgid. It was also clear to see the absolute gulf in physicality between the Spurs starting eleven and ours. It was like Space Jam when they lined up before the game. Just incredible.

As I said, Barkley is at a level where he can take matters into his own hands. If he's fallen out with Koeman then it would have been better to keep him happy. The team clearly miss his drive.
You said Koemans bullying. If you think he's been bullied then you've never been bullied. He's a wimp as is any fan who is offended by Koemans words towards Barkley, it's all an excuse.

Why did he sign a 4 year deal when everyone else were signing 5? This is part of his agents plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back