Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yep his words were ` not an option` ? wonder why with all investment bells and whistles, perhaps his agent saw through the hype ?

The same agent who would have blocked Lukaku coming back to the club in the first place, who was angling a move away from the second the ink dried on the contract with the player and pretty much BS'd to the media about a new contract being close

The same agent who would have blocked Lukaku coming back to the club in the first place, who was angling a move away from the second the ink dried on the contract with the player and pretty much BS'd to the media about a new contract being close

Yup and we bent down and let our club be treated like that with 2 years on his contract and sold him on the cheap with a philandering drunk
they wanted shut of thrown in for good measure ................

The problem is we have an unbalanced team we have 8 central midfielders. Snides, Gueye, Klassen, Sigurdsonn, Barkley, Besic, McCarthy, and Davies, yet we can't find 1 striker. To me our failure to sign at least 1 striker and another left back is unforgivable. I think it's too early to judge Koemann, but I still can't understand why we signed central midfielders, before player in the aforementioned positions. Also I'm still baffled at the decision to sign Williams, he always seems to get run ragged, or maybe he's just not suited to our playing style. We just have too many players who are the same type of players. Perhaps 7 years ago we would of accepted that with the resources we had it would be difficult to bring in players, however after selling Lukaku for the amount we did there is simply no excuse for not bringing in a player like Giroud or Dembele from Celtic. It looks like we'll be in fume mode until January, even BBC Merseyside who are usually quite PC were highly critical of our mess towards the end of the transfer window.

The funny thing is, Koeman spent most of last year blaming all of our flaws on Martinez, sly digs about fitness, not being able to defend, etc. I even recall one instance when he criticised the balance of the squad. I cant remember the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of the squad was made of left backs and wingers (?).

Well, there can be absolutely no blame attached to Martinez now, he has dispatched almost all of his squad and assembled his own expensive one in its place, so unless backwards Baines can still use Martinez training methods as something to cowardly hide behind for his own performances and our total lack of ideas, I genuinely don't know what Koeman is gonna do for excuses. Team needs jelling together, didn't get the striker he wanted, etc... All things that were a direct consequence of spending over £230m in 1 year seemingly without any plan as to what team he is going to play when he got them.

Sigurdsson may very well be a good player, but I can't for the life of see where he fits into this team. But after spending 6 weeks and £45m to get him, you would think Koeman would. And that's after he spent over £30m to buy 2 other players to play in his preferred position, and another £8m on another after he finally landed him.

That defence today, including the 2 DMs he insists on playing, even though the fullbacks don't go forward, was made up of 6 Koeman signings, and 1 left over from Moyes. Keane and Pickford are the only 2 to come out of it with any credit whatsoever, and Pickford got lobbed, on his line, from 30+ yards. If that was Joel, he'd have been crucified.

And Sandro... I said to my brother, can you imagine if we had paid the actual going rate for him? Fair enough, it might be too early to judge, so I won't be too harsh on him, but he has got a steep learning curve to say the least. And he needs to stop with the theatrics already, it's embarrassing.

It's gonna be a long season.

Christ on stick. So we should have instantly caught up with United and Chelsea. This isn't FIFA. You weird Multi.

There you go again with the outrageous insults ...... United are our competition who we have just strengthened big time
the rest is hot air we signed bang average, perhaps if we had kept him we may have signed better players, we did nothing to convince him to
stay other than a night out with fathead in didsbury on a milf fest ..... which would have made me reach for the pen .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back