Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and we bent down and let our club be treated like that with 2 years on his contract and sold him on the cheap with a philandering drunk
they wanted shut of thrown in for good measure ................

Are you completely thick? Read it again, had the snake been hired by Lukaku before he signed permanently instead of after, we would not have signed him period. No talk of contracts, no angling for moves, no big fee from United which screwed us out of getting his replacement (Batshuayi, who would have been part of Chelsea's deal). Absolutely nothing as the player wouldn't have been here, we'd have signed some no mark or worse Ba

And Sandro... I said to my brother, can you imagine if we had paid the actual going rate for him? Fair enough, it might be too early to judge, so I won't be too harsh on him, but he has got a steep learning curve to say the least. And he needs to stop with the theatrics already, it's embarrassing.

It's gonna be a long season.[/QUO

Panic buy we got ripped off ..............

Are you completely thick? Read it again, had the snake been hired by Lukaku before he signed permanently instead of after, we would not have signed him period. No talk of contracts, no angling for moves, no big fee from United which screwed us out of getting his replacement (Batshuayi, who would have been part of Chelsea's deal). Absolutely nothing as the player wouldn't have been here, we'd have signed some no mark or worse Ba

Hypothetical rubbish .......

Our failures stem from Koeman's ridiculous lineups. It's so obvious that it hurts. He alienated Barkley and Mirallas. That is okay because he still has Lookman, Lennon and Vlasic to provide some width. He has DCL who is capable of playing up top. Sandro is perfectly capable of playing a support striker role or out on the wing. But no. He is perfectly content with forcing players into the lineup and putting them in positions that don't suit them whatsoever.

Hypothetical rubbish .......

“If we had met each other earlier, he wouldn’t have played for Everton,” said Raiola, who became Lukaku’s new agent last month after he severed ties with Christophe Henrotay.

“Maybe somewhere else, maybe he would still be at Chelsea. I want to be clear: Romelu is a better striker than Diego Costa and could have done the same as the Spaniard did this season. But the Chelsea directors had decided to buy another star than giving confidence to one of their young boys.”

Actual quote from Raiola 2 years ago

I think everyone knew we needed another centre half and a centre forward at the end of the transfer window. We got well and truly spanked by Spurs today because we need a centre forward and a centre half. Nothing happened today that we didn't expect to happen.
With the exception of Keane Pickford and hopefully Gylfi we have bought squad players, you can't nearly buy a team. The window started really well but then we lost our nerve and came up short of a team.

“If we had met each other earlier, he wouldn’t have played for Everton,” said Raiola, who became Lukaku’s new agent last month after he severed ties with Christophe Henrotay.

“Maybe somewhere else, maybe he would still be at Chelsea. I want to be clear: Romelu is a better striker than Diego Costa and could have done the same as the Spaniard did this season. But the Chelsea directors had decided to buy another star than giving confidence to one of their young boys.”

Actual quote from Raiola 2 years ago

Yep never happened, hindsight, hypothetical rubbish

The funny thing is, Koeman spent most of last year blaming all of our flaws on Martinez, sly digs about fitness, not being able to defend, etc. I even recall one instance when he criticised the balance of the squad. I cant remember the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of the squad was made of left backs and wingers (?).

Well, there can be absolutely no blame attached to Martinez now, he has dispatched almost all of his squad and assembled his own expensive one in its place, so unless backwards Baines can still use Martinez training methods as something to cowardly hide behind for his own performances and our total lack of ideas, I genuinely don't know what Koeman is gonna do for excuses. Team needs jelling together, didn't get the striker he wanted, etc... All things that were a direct consequence of spending over £230m in 1 year seemingly without any plan as to what team he is going to play when he got them.

Sigurdsson may very well be a good player, but I can't for the life of see where he fits into this team. But after spending 6 weeks and £45m to get him, you would think Koeman would. And that's after he spent over £30m to buy 2 other players to play in his preferred position, and another £8m on another after he finally landed him.

That defence today, including the 2 DMs he insists on playing, even though the fullbacks don't go forward, was made up of 6 Koeman signings, and 1 left over from Moyes. Keane and Pickford are the only 2 to come out of it with any credit whatsoever, and Pickford got lobbed, on his line, from 30+ yards. If that was Joel, he'd have been crucified.

And Sandro... I said to my brother, can you imagine if we had paid the actual going rate for him? Fair enough, it might be too early to judge, so I won't be too harsh on him, but he has got a steep learning curve to say the least. And he needs to stop with the theatrics already, it's embarrassing.

It's gonna be a long season.
I also thought our lack of fitness and strength was quite worrying, it was like watching men against boys today, truthfully I think most of our fans including myself are somewhat baffled about what's going on at the club. I still can't understand, why he decided Niasse wasn't good enough despite never playing him, then he goes to Hull and scores a load of goals, particularly when Kone was given a chance. The bizarre hunt for Sigurdsonn when we had just signed Klassen and hadn't signed a striker. I don't understand why Lookman one of the few players we have who works hard and looks dangerous doesn't get a look in. I don't understand why Cuco Martina, the Black Alcaraz is being picked ahead of Kenny who is a lad from Kirkdale who would give his all for Everton isn't given a look in. We have Mirallas a deal, then he wants to leave and Koemann says he has a bad attitude. I still have forgiven Koemann for his bizarre decision to bring Lewin on in the Derby and put him on the right, when we has Kenny and Mirallas on the bench who can actually play on the wing. It just seems to me we've spent huge amounts of money and we'll still be lucky to finish 7th.

Yep never happened, hindsight, hypothetical rubbish

You know what did happen, the snake got in the player's head, same as what Barkley's has, hence the constant jibber jabber when on International duty. No amount of silly contract offer would have kept him here, I seriously doubt he'd have stayed even if we'd won either cup we bottled the semi of. Once that deal was signed with Raiola the end game was always going to be Lukaku sold. Thats just how agents operate

Our failures stem from Koeman's ridiculous lineups. It's so obvious that it hurts. He alienated Barkley and Mirallas. That is okay because he still has Lookman, Lennon and Vlasic to provide some width. He has DCL who is capable of playing up top. Sandro is perfectly capable of playing a support striker role or out on the wing. But no. He is perfectly content with forcing players into the lineup and putting them in positions that don't suit them whatsoever.

Yup. Our lineup from here on out has to adhere to players' actual positions...if Koeman is set on 4-2-3-1 then make it:

vsJcSZN.png

Pre-season is long gone...experimentation has to stop.

Yup. Our lineup from here on out has to adhere to players' actual positions...if Koeman is set on 4-2-3-1 then make it:

vsJcSZN.png

Pre-season is long gone...experimentation has to stop.

That's a bit mad that, like.

Schneiderlin has been poor but not sure how Besic gets in the side, Martina is truly horrific and Mirallas has no desire at all to play for us.

When Siggy was with us we tried shoehorning him into our side on the left because of Eriksen and it just doesn't work. Failure to fit him and Eriksen in the side was why we sold him. So I was a bit baffled to see Koeman putting his record signing out of position today so that Rooney could play behind Sandro.

Everton have been a bit unlucky with these opening fixtures though, could have done with some easy ones to allow all these new players to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back