Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a big fan of koeman initially but no more. a) I think he management style is obviously obnoxious and is alienating players b) his tactics and team set ups seem to be based on dice throws as they are all over the place....although we do seem to be gravitating to a park the bus style, even at home.

When Siggy was with us we tried shoehorning him into our side on the left because of Eriksen and it just doesn't work. Failure to fit him and Eriksen in the side was why we sold him. So I was a bit baffled to see Koeman putting his record signing out of position today so that Rooney could play behind Sandro.

Everton have been a bit unlucky with these opening fixtures though, could have done with some easy ones to allow all these new players to gel.
It worked fine for Swans.

We are lacking a CF and a CB. This isn't all that complicated. We started out fine today. Good pressure, good ball movement, but lacked that CF. We got exposed playing a higher line, especially after the first gosl, which was a huge mishit, with a back four because Williams is fat and bad.

Zat he's managed 1 game in the top flight, a glorified friendly at the end of what was a turbulent week for the club. He's not managed at a higher level anywhere else. He would get found out in a massive way, and I said that as someone to whom Unsy was a favorite player

Pep Guardiola and plenty of others did the same with even less experience.

Koeman asked the board to buy a target man and a left footed center-back. The board failed. Kenwright and Moshiri
both of you do know why now.

I can see why we play 3 center-back 2 wing-back at the time because we are more secure and solid at the back. However, we only have 3 senior center-back with this long list of fixture coming up. We give up on certain things hoping we are not cenceding so easily like today's dreadful performance.

It's mission impossible to fit in Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen in the same team as they tend to operate in the same area and while all 3 of them are not the quickest, our movement is static and the lack of penetration in the attacking play (barely happened today too which is worrying) is causing this team dearly. The ball may come in occasionaly and we have two 5 ft 9 strikers as the chief sources to attack the ball. As good as Rooney was, I believe he is better suited as a player on the bench. Everything seems to slow down around him. Both him and Sandro miss-hit quite a lot of shot in dangerous area. On top of that, he was trying to get himself sent off today.

We really need proper players on the wing. I am impressed by Vlasic's combo and think he should start next time and given our poor attacking play today Mirallas should be another option too.

We need Coleman and dare I say, Bolasie back desperately. Oh I believe when our players have too much time to think things just go tits up at time.

To sum up, this was pure tosh from the team today. No fight and lazy performance. As much as I like Baines, he is not captain material. No shouting no waking up call by Leighton.

Koeman is the one who wanted Klaassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson...3 players for over 70mil in fees and enormous wages.

Vlasic and Barkley are also 'number 10s' so we have 5 number 10's in our squad and Dowell on loan.

Madness.

Our failures stem from Koeman's ridiculous lineups. It's so obvious that it hurts. He alienated Barkley and Mirallas. That is okay because he still has Lookman, Lennon and Vlasic to provide some width. He has DCL who is capable of playing up top. Sandro is perfectly capable of playing a support striker role or out on the wing. But no. He is perfectly content with forcing players into the lineup and putting them in positions that don't suit them whatsoever.

Agreed. Surely the only reason Koeman feels the need to play Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney in the same team is because of the amount of money outlayed on the former two, and because the latter is, well, Rooney. Doesn't make any sense purely in footballing reasons, as all three are played best occupying the same area of the pitch, they are not quick, nor are they frontmen.

They need to be rotated with Lookman, Vlasic or Mirallas played to give us much-needed pace and width. Siggy and Klaassen are Koeman's signings though, so until either 1) there is a big turn around in Klaassen's form, or 2) Koeman swallows his professional pride and realises it ain't working, then we might be in for a long next few weeks.

That's what happens when you put a load of players together who are working it out and trying to come together. Doing it en masse as we are doing will result in crap for a while.

We'll be fine...and probably be quite good in a couple of months. For now we go the growing together pains.

To be fair, yes, last season we were also generally turd until the win over Arsenal in November.

We sell to buy at that time. We sell to buy now so honestly don't see what's the problem here. And RM decided to sign Funes Mori instead of Van dijk perhaps that's the biggest mistake.

And to give £20m for 2 players in 2013 was not cheap punts. Probably worth more than double nowadays.
got a legitimate source for the that van dijk statement? Also in 2013 summer window.
TRANSFER RESULTS 13/14
Earnings/expenditures Arrivals/Departures Transfer fee
Income 16 £41.49m
Expenditures 17 £28.62m
Total results +£12.87m

Agreed. Surely the only reason Koeman feels the need to play Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney in the same team is because of the amount of money outlayed on the former two, and because the latter is, well, Rooney. Doesn't make any sense purely in footballing reasons, as all three are played best occupying the same area of the pitch, they are not quick, nor are they frontmen.

They need to be rotated with Lookman, Vlasic or Mirallas played to give us much-needed pace and width. Siggy and Klaassen are Koeman's signings though, so until either 1) there is a big turn around in Klaassen's form, or 2) Koeman swallows his professional pride and realises it ain't working, then we might be in for a long next few weeks.

Agree with your viewpoint other than that bit about Miralles. He does not offer width.

I was really surprised that RK bought Siggy both for on account of the outlay and because we have Rooney. They are ball-players not runners and need more athletic or taller players in order to thrive. He had already got Klarsen and Sandro. So now we have four players basically for the same position i.e playing off the number 9.

No winger nor a [Poor language removed] hot full back to offer width and the biggest error of all was not to get a top 9 to replace Lukaku.

The team played liked they had just met in the dressing room before the game, no plan as to who was to take the corners; it was just like the City and Chelsea games and as in those games it only got better when Calvert-Lewin came on and offered a target upfront. The players did not believe the team selection and only Spurs' s indifference stopped it being a 0-6 or 0-7.

A dreadful performance by RK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back