Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone thinks the points we have is because of who we have played is blinkered to say the least.

This is relegation form we our in, teams who don't score get relegated and we look like we can play all week and still not score, like someone mentioned before just watch when we play a mid table team, again we will struggle to score.

This team will struggle as it is so imbalanced

True in fact, Martinez got around £16m net per season to spend. Maybe the sell to buy thing was more applied to Moyes.

If the Barkley and Niasse deals did not go tits up we would have balanced the sheet out this summer.
Granted, but the squad would have remained unforgivably imbalanced, being used by a coach who continually picks odd looking line ups and ostracises players who can do more than play in straight lines.

Dear Ron.

Drop moneygrabbing Former Manchester United Football Club Legend Wayne Rooney and commence trying to form a team out of the relatively young options we have that don't go out and drive when smashed.

Let our 45m record signing play in his preferred position. Put our only striker DCL up front and use those wide options either side of them both....changing between Lookman, Kev, Vlasic and Sandro.

Drop the CMs that aren't playing well and select the ones that are.

Drop Ashley Williams and Cuco.

The other option is I hate you and please get out.

Thanks.

Superbloo

True in fact, Martinez got around £16m net per season to spend. Maybe the sell to buy thing was more applied to Moyes.

If the Barkley and Niasse deals did not go tits up we would have balanced the sheet out this summer.
what I posted shows that in 2013 window Martinez wasn't even given all the money we got in sales. We sold 41 odd million worth of players and Martinez spent 28m, club had a profit of 12-13mil that window... no idea what you're even on about

I'm still pissed off today it's just mind numbingly stupid to sell our most important player and not have a ready made replacement once the fee was agreed we should of put the transfer on hold until we sorted out our end of deal if we struggled to land top targets should of told UTD do one or give us Rashford on loan haha

I'm still pissed off today it's just mind numbingly stupid to sell our most important player and not have a ready made replacement once the fee was agreed we should of put the transfer on hold until we sorted out our end of deal if we struggled to land top targets should of told UTD do one or give us Rashford on loan haha
We - or more accurately Koeman - became obsessed with the pursuit of Sig to the point that all other transfer considerations were rendered irrelevant.

I've defended Koeman but some things are just unbelievable. Last year it was obvious we needed wingers like Mane and Salah. How the hell can you buy 3 number 10s without pace who can't beat a man and play them all??

Also Martina is a big joke. He wasn't even good at FC Twente in Holland. Williams and Jagielka are a finished, you could see that last year and Baines isn't the player he was 5years ago. He can't defend and he brings absolutely nothing in attack. His crosses are also woeful.

If Koeman thinks we can go for top 6 without a good striker, without wingers and with players like Jagielka,Williams,Martina and Baines he needs to see a doctor.

Wasn't he a slow starter at Soton too? I seem to remember in his last season there they had a really poor start, even losing 3-0 at home to Bobby's Blues, before recovering to finish 6th in the end. Way too early to judge. Difficult fixtures, new signings bedding in etc.

Having said that, some of the decisions he's making are absolutely mind-boggling.

I remember the time period fans started turing against martinez. He remained stubbon sticking with his tactics and players who were playing poor like tim howard and more and more turned on him every week. It took a year of his stubborn ways and everyone knew he was a gonner.
I feel that the start of september was the start for koeman. His failure in the summer marker to finish the transfer job he started in june esp a failure to land a striker( knowing he needed 1 on his first day at the club, thats 3 windows now ) and the bit of waffle starting to come into interviews ( he keeps on about pressing and agression yet we do not press in any organised way and are powerpuff) along with now not attacking in any form at all, could mean the fans will turn against him very very soon. He needs to realise this and understand that this lack of agression and leadership is not accecpted at goodison. Managers will not last there when teams dont show passion.

That's what happens when you put a load of players together who are working it out and trying to come together. Doing it en masse as we are doing will result in crap for a while.

We'll be fine...and probably be quite good in a couple of months. For now we go through the growing together pains.

I thought the whole reason for this manager was progression. Im not happy with being ok later in the season. I want this team to challange for top 4. Our expectations have dropped again and some fans are happy with mid table . Thats 3 windows now he has had and what fans are worried about is the lack of a game plan while he stands with his arms foulded on the touchline showing as much passion as his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back