Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because Koeman has done this that people are turning on him. He has sent out a collection of individuals, several of them evidently not up to the job, with no tactics, no formation, no leadership.
As for the "unlucky" fixtures, the last time I checked the rules said that we had to play all 19 other teams twice each.
We needed to replace a big chunk of our squad, that's not really Koemans fault.

There are tactics and a formation and leadership in the team but they're not on the same page as each other because they've only just started playing together.

Of course we have to play everyone twice, that's why we should wait until we've played a few of the easier fixtures to judge this team. Playing this seasons top 4 in the first 5 fixtures was never going to make for a great start to the season.

He has to make some drastic changes to this team.

We need wingers to be playing.

Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaasen should never start a match together again. We only need one of them starting.

Seriously worried for this season now.
I agree. Wth those 3 playing together there's no width in that side and the full backs will be consistently exposed as they won't track back effectively enough to cover them. He needs to ditch the 4-2-3-1 for me

Spurs are a team who we should be competing with. They haven't spent huge money. They are a traditionally small club who've won next to nothing..

But they have moved a million miles ahead of us in the last 5 years and they play a style of football we can only dream of. It's not good enough and Koeman should quit the excuses and make sure he never serves up that unacceptable dross at home ever again.

I think the honeymoon period is well and truly over for Koeman.Spurs are a good side and all, but that was diabolical yesterday.There's a long season to go.It's early day's yet.But i think it's fair to say that there is question marks over Ronald Koeman that are waiting to be answered.Our goal supposedly is to compete with the better sides in the league.Unfortunately on yesterdays evidence we seem to be a bit off that.On the evidence of what we have seen so far.It looks like it will be 7th again with us providing no real danger to the elite sides.I hope im wrong.

Last edited:

There are tactics and a formation and leadership in the team but they're not on the same page as each other because they've only just started playing together.

Of course we have to play everyone twice, that's why we should wait until we've played a few of the easier fixtures to judge this team. Playing this seasons top 4 in the first 5 fixtures was never going to make for a great start to the season.

We did need to replace a huge chunk of the squad mate, but all the players he bought this Summer are HIS yet he has no idea how to use them, where play them and how to get the best out of them and thats what the problem is for me. Its his squad, yet there appears to be no shape, no plan, no tactics.

I can take a loss against a team better than us, it is what it is. But when there appears to be no balance, shape or tactics even in the games we somehow won then we've got issues. He's on £6m a year and spent more in 3 transfer windows that the likes of Moyes & Martinez could have only dreamt of, he HAS to do better.

If we beat the likes of your Huddersfield's, Bournemouth's, Burnley's, what does it actually prove though mate, IMO beating them only proves that we're better than them (which should be expected considering the millions we've spent)) it doesn't point to us showing signs of progression, also, if the team gels against the likes of these teams, then shouldn't we expect them to gel against the better teams?

To show signs of improvement we need to be at least competing with the likes of Spurs on the pitch. I know you'll point to the team needing to gel, etc, but how long do we give them/Koeman.

People saying games like that at home to spurs aren't the ones we'll be judged on??? Are you mad???

These are exactly the games that matter. These are the teams we should be competing with. Who cares if we beat Bournemouth at home. We blinking well should be beating Bournemouth. The last 3 games against good teams we've been found horribly wanting. That's why we're all so frustrated.

Just seen Ronko's interview on MOD.

Says we were too nice and weak.

Well who put the team together, who motivates them and gives them their instructions.

Ronko has the air of a man who has a job in order to get very well paid but in all honesty doesn't really give a flying one.
He talks like a pundit giving his opinion rather than the fella who is actually paid to put things right

I agree. Wth those 3 playing together there's no width in that side and the full backs will be consistently exposed as they won't track back effectively enough to cover them. He needs to ditch the 4-2-3-1 for me
The worry is that he has spent so much money on them three, that he almost has to play them just to justify it.

He is one of the best paid managers in the world. He is going to come in for some heavy criticism if he doesn't sort this.

Sure the squad need time to understand each others games but come on, the amount we spent on those players I don't care how long they've had together that was pathetic yesterday.

Sandro who scored 16 goals last season playing in La Liga. Klaassen, Ajax's captain who has been praised by great ex Pros. Sigurdsson with impressive goal and assists last season. These players can't produce at least something???

It's still early on, but 'if' this continues there's every chance that these players just aren't cut out for the premier league, or there's a big issue with the way they are being managed.

If Koeman is going to persist with Martina and Williams when we have Jagielka, Holgate and Kenny then I just don't know any more. And letting Barry go this season is looking like a worse decision by the week the way Schneiderlin is playing. Who comes in for him when he's playing this bad?

With the way Mirallas and Barkley have acted it would only take one or two more players to fall out for there to be discontent in the dressing room.

If we beat the likes of your Huddersfield's, Bournemouth's, Burnley's, what does it actually prove though mate, IMO beating them only proves that we're better than them (which should be expected considering the millions we've spent)) it doesn't point to us showing signs of progression, also, if the team gels against the likes of these teams, then shouldn't we expect them to gel against the better teams?

To show signs of improvement we need to be at least competing with the likes of Spurs on the pitch. I know you'll point to the team needing to gel, etc, but how long do we give them/Koeman.

The thing is, if we were playing Burnley next week, instead of United, I would not fancy us to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back