Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you'll point to the team needing to gel, etc, but how long do we give them/Koeman.
I'd give it another month or 2 before I get too concerned.

For the team to get a bit of confidence, we could do with a bit of respite from playing the top sides in the league. That will help.

Koeman will make a few selection mistakes while he's trying to find the best system for the players. Let's hope he learns from them.

Thank God this place isn't a true reflection of our match going fanbase. We'd be sacking managers after every couple of defeats every and a bad run if it was up to some of you lot. GOT becomes more RAWK like by the day with the obsense overreactions to just about everything.

I'd give it another month or 2 before I get too concerned.

For the team to get a bit of confidence, we could do with a bit of respite from playing the top sides in the league. That will help.

Koeman will make a few selection mistakes while he's trying to find the best system for the players. Let's hope he learns from them.
If it's still poor by Bonfire Night after the Watford game...He should get the Rocket.

I knowing serves him right and I wouldn't want him back for.many reasons but Moyes must be wandering what he could achieve with the money.

..I've always been of a view that a new manager needs time to bring his players in and move others out. To this end, the transformation has been quite amazing, particularly given how difficult it is to get deadwood out. Because of this, I have generally not given an opinion on players he's wanted. It's important that a manager is left to get on with it and build his team.

We are now in that stage, albeit early in that stage. This is now Ronald Koeman's team and he can justifiably be held to account. Saying that, a team doesn't gel immediately and he will need time to tinker and change. I want to see signs of the direction of travel, I want to see signs of the strategy. There were a few glimpses of decent footballers against Hadjuk Split but no consistent evidence at this point.

After four league games! One of which was a win and another was a draw?! Lol, get a grip lad FFS! The state of this place right now......:hayee:
Look we could have lost them all but if we actually made an account of ourselves and even looked like creating a couple chances I think everybody would be in a different frame of mind.

As it is, our form is bottom of the table material, as is our absolutely dire football. We are going to get spanked 5-0 by Lukaku and he'll celebrate because all the muppets will boo him all game.

We look no better than pre-season, not even a little bit better.

I've said it before but the only thing that has changed is the excuse...

'the players aren't match fit'
'it's only pre season'
'Three games in a week m8'
'They need time to gel'

I'm sorry but it's not good enough we literally look so terribly disjointed and create absolutely nothing.

This team is weaker than last seasons with Barkley & Lukaku.

..I've always been of a view that a new manager needs time to bring his players in and move others out. To this end, the transformation has been quite amazing, particularly given how difficult it is to get deadwood out. Because of this, I have generally not given an opinion on players he's wanted. It's important that a manager is left to get on with it and build his team.

We are now in that stage, albeit early in that stage. This is now Ronald Koeman's team and he can justifiably be held to account. Saying that, a team doesn't gel immediately and he will need time to tinker and change. I want to see signs of the direction of travel, I want to see signs of the strategy. There were a few glimpses of decent footballers against Hadjuk Split but no consistent evidence at this point.
In that home leg we actually played a couple of wingers and looked semi balanced.

He then ruined it by making lots of crazy subs and ended up with an imbalanced side all over again.

I'm seeing nothing so far, not even a game plan.

It brings me back to 'we like to press, we always come to play attacking football' - of which we do neither.

Look we could have lost them all but if we actually made an account of ourselves and even looked like creating a couple chances I think everybody would be in a different frame of mind.

As it is, our form is bottom of the table material, as is our absolutely dire football. We are going to get spanked 5-0 by Lukaku and he'll celebrate because all the muppets will boo him all game.

We look no better than pre-season, not even a little bit better.

I've said it before but the only thing that has changed is the excuse...

'the players aren't match fit'
'it's only pre season'
'Three games in a week m8'
'They need time to gel'

I'm sorry but it's not good enough we literally look so terribly disjointed and create absolutely nothing.

This team is weaker than last seasons with Barkley & Lukaku.

Tbh we played horrifically and got battered with Lukaku and Barkley in the team plenty of times.

Tbh we played horrifically and got battered with Lukaku and Barkley in the team plenty of times.
We did mate. Mostly away from home where Koeman also doesn't have the balls to set us up for a win.

Just saying that team was better.

Our home form last season was boss and those two were a major part of it, we won't replicate that This season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back