Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that against the better teams you start both Gana and Schneiderlin Toff, but yesterday they were both playing so deep it was ridiculous.

That was mainly due to the players in front of them not pressing though Lou.

Spurs pressed from the start. We had no outlet so they had no reason to leave a man back, and so we just all sat deep.

If the forward players aren't upfield, then the central midfielders can't exactly do much can they?

He has wasted the Lukaku money. He shouldn't have bought Siggurdson once he had brought in Rooney and Klaasen. We should have gone all out for a pacey striker to stretch the play. He tried to force the board to spend money, they called his bluff and now he is sulking, playing an unbalanced team and no doubt whinging behind the scenes that we didn't spend more money.

They were that deep mate it almost looked like we had 4 centre - halfs.

i know mate, it was bad.

but as I said, we had no outlet.

We played a 4-2-3-1, but not one of those three behind Sandro (or Sandro himself) offered an out ball.

Hence, Spurs could literally push up the pitch at will and all our three no.10s could do was turn straight into trouble with no outball to hit.

The failure to get a striker in isn't on Koeman. But it's his job to make the most of what we do have which is still a good squad. He hasn't done that in the last two games and he needs to learn from these mistakes quickly or the pressure is going to be on when we finally get through this horrid run of games.

He has wasted the Lukaku money. He shouldn't have bought Siggurdson once he had brought in Rooney and Klaasen. We should have gone all out for a Lacey striker to stretch the play. He tried to force the board to spend money, they called his bluff and now he is sulking, playing an unbalanced team and no doubt whinging behind the scenes that we didn't spend more money.

this isn't the case at all.

All of the players signed were needed. He just doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them yet - which is the issue.

Stop with the pure conjecture. Koeman himself has at least said that the no.1 or 2 targets weren't available. We do need a striker and it wasn't just Koeman saying that.

Koeman is responsible for his tactics which in the last two games have been poor.

All of the players signed were needed. He just doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them yet - which is the issue.

Stop with the pure conjecture. Koeman himself has at least said that the no.1 or 2 targets weren't available. We do need a striker and it wasn't just Koeman saying that.

Koeman is responsible for his tactics which in the last two games have been poor.
We signed 3 number tens and no front man.

Klaassen has me indifferent, as I sometimes think Ok he's got something going on, but then it's spoilt by a game like yesterday.

I personally don't think he imposes himself enough, and he's nothing like the player described to my friend who was living in Holland.
It's always going to be a gamble bringing in any player from another league.I don't subscribe to the lesser league comments people make about La Liga,Ligue1,Eredivisie etc otherwise they wouldn't get to (and sometimes win) European finals.But Klaassen and Ramirez need to be eased into the Prem,not thrown in at the deep end.Seriously brings into question Koemans man management skills.

Did we need all of Sigurdsson/Klaassen/Rooney?

£80m on three players with very similar attributes but nobody with pace and creativity?

i know mate, it was bad.

We played a 4-2-3-1, but not one of those three behind Sandro (or Sandro himself) offered an out ball.

Hence, Spurs could literally push up the pitch at will and all our three no.10s could do was turn straight into trouble with no outball to hit.

The failure to get a striker in isn't on Koeman. But it's his job to make the most of what we do have which is still a good squad. He hasn't done that in the last two games and he needs to learn from these mistakes quickly or the pressure is going to be on when we finally get through this horrid run of games.
Wow - bold statement that one. Are you sure? Do you know something that I don't about this abysmal failure?

i know mate, it was bad.

That's why is was a strange decision not to start with Lewin Toff, even though he's still raw, he has shown he is an out ball (against City he was boss, done well at Chelsea when he came on) he can hold the ball up, is good in the air, puts himself about, and he has actually got a bit of pace.

We signed 3 number tens and no front man.

Which isn't on Koeman. He wanted a striker. The board have let him and us down in not getting one.

Koeman is responsible for finding a balance with the players we do have. In the last 2 games (and that's all it is, 2) his tactics have been gash and we've been punished for it, but stop making massive sweeping statements like a bed-wetting ted.

Koeman needs to get a grip and use players in their correct positions, and not try to shoehorn every new signing in. There's enough games to go around for everybody and he needs to realise that soon.

DINSDALE ROAD, City: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Indeed.

I have said that many times.

Particularly when the Martinez Wars were in their infancy circa early 2015.

And Ossie and Hibbo were never the pantomime villains in real life in the Lower Bullens or the Royal Oak that they became on here among the millennials and FIFA heads, particularly Ossie whom was quite popular among the folk sat around me.

I will say one thing in defence of the GOT Star Chamber, though.

They were ahead of the curve about Martinez.

The matchgoers twigged on to Bobby about a year after GOT guys did.

And as both a matchgoer and a GOT poster, I am thinking they are calling it right about Koeman as well.

I was one of the last to join the Bobby Out Brigade......I argued against boys like @ianefc and @mikeh72 for long enough before the Arsenal game in his last season.

And happen it is a desire not to be gulled again which is making me and many more look at Koeman in a less forgiving light.

Now, I get the argument about the new players needing to gel and that we are in the midst of a horrendous run of fixtures.

They are decent enough comments.

My biggest problem with Koeman is that, righty or wrongly, he gives off an air of indifference about my football club.

To me, he looks like he is running down his contract already.

:(
I loved his honesty last season regarding performances, but against the singling out of players in press conferences and the press like niasse and barkley .Even when appointed i could never see him staying after the three years .
He is going to come under more scrutiny regarding his buys ,style of play tactics than ever before in this country .He is one of europes top paid managers he has spent a fortune net spend or no net spend on players who he is trying to shoehorn into a system that leaves fullbacks exposed, with no pace or width or creativity in the attacking third of the pitch .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back