Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - bold statement that one. Are you sure? Do you know something that I don't about this abysmal failure?

Koeman demanded and asked for a striker. From the moment we signed Rooney right up until three days before the close of the window.

He didn't get it.

That's on the board and people responsible for getting the deals over the line.

That's why is was a strange decision not to start with Lewin Toff, even though he's still raw, he has shown he is an out ball (against City he was boss, done well at Chelsea when he came on) he can hold the ball up, is good in the air, puts himself about, and he has actually got a bit of pace.

I agree entirely and said the same thing yesterday

If he goes 4-2-3-1, then Lewin has to start as that central striker, with two of the no.10s and an actual winger in support. That has more balance.

Did we need all of Sigurdsson/Klaassen/Rooney?

£80m on three players with very similar attributes but nobody with pace and creativity?

With Barkley all-but out the door (unfortunately) then yes.

Rooney isn't a playmaker as such, and neither is Klaassen.

Gylfi is.

They aren't all the same type of player, but yesterday they were all tasked with playing in a three behind Sandro so they all pretty much packed in the same role, which is on Koeman.

Klaassen has me indifferent, as I sometimes think Ok he's got something going on, but then it's spoilt by a game like yesterday.

I personally don't think he imposes himself enough, and he's nothing like the player described to my friend who was living in Holland.

The stats have been there on Klaassen (and Sig) for a long time. We've signed two players who don't get involved in build up play and are playing them as playmakers.

He absolutely can not be coming out with this.

He is getting paid one of the biggest salaries in world football and he has been heavily backed in the transfer market.

He HAS to achieve or he will lose his job.

As I said with Martinez, any Everton manager not competing for the top six should be sacked.

Koeman is no different, he needs to drop his own self PR with comments like the below or he'll get fans backs up;

upload_2017-9-10_11-48-11.webp

We'll easy finish top 7, will take time for the team to gel and it's been compounded by Europa/torrid run of opening games.

I just don't know why people expect us to finish in the top 6. Which one of those sides are we better than? Which one of those sides would take any of our players and have them in the starting 11?

We've obviously spent a lot of money but we've lost our best player and also someone in Barkley who was an important part of the team. Anyone who thought we were going to hit the ground running this season was asking for a hell of a lot IMO.

By all means get rid of Koeman if we must. He's a good manager but nothing special. Very similar to all of our players actually in the fact that none of them would stand out for a top side in the country. When Koeman does eventually go however, you'll all be wanting the next manager gone after a few bad results as well such is the fickle nature of football fans. Anyone wanting top 6 is wanting a minor miracle and I honestly think you're going to be in for a depressing time following us over the next few years.

As I said with Martinez, any Everton manager not competing for the top six should be sacked.

Koeman is no different, he needs to drop his own self PR with comments like the below or he'll get fans backs up;

View attachment 40442

We'll easy finish top 7, will take time for the team to gel and it's been compounded by Europa/torrid run of opening games.

Leicester have a much stronger set of attackers than us.

Reminds me of me in footy manager when I'm desperately trying everything hoping I'll stumble upon a formation that finally clicks.

It's this lack of formation and style of play after a full season and 3 transfer windows that is worrying me.

..different times I know, but I remind myself of Howard Kendall and SAF who went through difficult times before Kevin Brock and Mark Robins moments. I think we need to hang on in there and hope. If it doesn't work out Moshiri will bring somebody else in to have a go, that's how it works.

Leicester have a much stronger set of attackers than us.

They have a balance.

We don't, at the moment.

It'll come - if Koeman gets a grip of it and sees some sense.

Stop with all of the negativity, it's ridiculous.

We've had four tough league fixtures and four tricky EL ties.

We're through the EL ones and our first two league performances were solid if unspectacular.

We have been crap in the last two games against last season's top two, with the manager's tactics not helping us either.

Koeman demanded and asked for a striker. From the moment we signed Rooney right up until three days before the close of the window.

He didn't get it.

That's on the board and people responsible for getting the deals over the line.
I still don't know if any of that is true, or if it is conjecture.
If it's true, it means that there is not much of a partnership between Koeman and the board, and certainly doesn't bode well for the next transfer window either.
If we have the same impasse in January, I can see Koeman walking - either under his own steam or with some help from the board/major shareholder.

View attachment 40442

Especially after spending £250m in 15 months as well mate.

..different times I know, but I remind myself of Howard Kendall and SAF who went through difficult times before Kevin Brock and Mark Robins moments. I think we need to hang on in there and hope. If it doesn't work out Moshiri will bring somebody else in to have a go, that's how it works.

The footy manager bit was tongue in cheek

Yeah hopefully this is a small blip that he can resolve soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back