Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman hasn't had time to steer us into 11th and 12th yet though.

Martinez brought us 5th.

Anyway, I just think we are going to struggle, are.proving it so far - and we are no where near as nailed on for the 7th place trophy as people make out.

Don't get the fuss with that yes it was good at time with a 6th place team but that was undone by his mess afterwards. Moyes had bought us 5th 2 times with much less money and he even got 4th.

I don't think we will break the top 6 this season the current evidences suggest we just won't. 7th is the ceiling, again.

Last edited:
I'm not Davek by the way, as many will testify. But Jesus, what happens if we finish 10th or 11th this year? With the money spent?

I know it's good to [Poor language removed] Martinez off on here, but Koeman has been far worse so far!

No he hasn't, Martinez had us two points off the relegation zone in March of his second season.

Well we have, hadjuk, ruzomberok - and we looked turbo garbo.

Think we were pretty poor vs stoke too.

Let's see what happens sure, just doesn't mean I cannot criticise in the mean time.

True. We are struggling to create chances lately because most of our players up top are static with no movement. We don't have width.

We have brought in far to many players, we have gone for quantity and He's tried to shoehorn the lot of them into the first team.

I have absolutely no idea the way he wants to play football based on the players he has signed.

The only players I like out of the lot are Pickford and Keane
That's the problem with a lot of the signings. Big money moves to a "midtable" club want guaranteed game time. Rooney is going to play every game, so is Glyfi. They play best in the same position. How on earth is our "strategy" to play people regardless of form?

Very good manager, needs to loose a couple of Dutch loafers this week in trading though, can't be dealing with the lack of effort and benign performence our millionaires put in yesterday.

I see the under 23's thrashed Spurs 4-1, Niasse scored twice, Lookman another.

Just give them a go Ronald, they bring pace, Niasse obviously knows where the back of the net is and scored a few in this league already.

There is no reason not to utilise any member of the squad now because the team has let us down so far. We need wingers to run and attack the opposition not 5 central midfielders packed in the center of the park. Please change it Ronald I want you to succeed.

The football is dire, slow and predictable, 6 shots on target in 4 games, Schneiderlin has been awful but no way Koeman will drop him, DCL has run his heart out and is one of the few to actually score this season but gets dropped, no Lookman on bench yesterday, he done his usual like for like substitutions which changed nothing, we had our arse handed to us on a plate

If we don't walk to best of the rest this season I'll say it's been a poor season for us and Ronald but with the amount of new players and also the quality of the signings and factoring in the loss of Lukaku for me it'd be unrealistic to 'expect' a top 4 finish or a vast improvement on last season and to write off our season as a disaster after 4 games is verging on ridiculous especially as the fixtures were so tough. The losses were disappointing for sure and we haven't been outstanding at all but it's far too early for this to be of great concern for me. It's a long season I'll wait and see how it pans out before having my meltdown.

what time did you leave the ground yesterday? Not blaming you lad just asking. ;);)

I'm struggling to understand the relevance of me not being there. Does that mean I'm not allowed an opinion. I go to games just not every one. Again what is the relevance? Another superfan, sorry laa I wasn't born in L4 obviously my opinions don't count, I think you need to grow up a bit.

R
Still say if those 3 don't get injured, we win the FA Cup. Yakubu was insane that year, hell, they all were.

Yeah. We were very unlucky in the end. It's easy to forget how well Moyes actually did relatively speaking. I would say we just need to give Koeman time, but my fear is that he just doesn't see his long term future with us and so isn't overly bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back