Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying mate, and yes there needs to be some perspective, but I don't see how you can come on to the forum a matter of hours after we've been humiliated at home by a supposed competitor and complain that people are being negative.

Yes the start to the season has been tough, but when you count all games against the top 6 as virtually unwinnable, and factor in that much of the fanbase will always insist that stoke, Bournemouth, Leicester etc are 'tough places to go', there's only about 10 games that wouldn't be classed as tough by some fans.

The fact that we're trying to claim that homes games against the might of ruzomberok and hajduk split are 'tricky' kind of proves that point.

It's early days and we can improve, but make no mistake, we badly need to. Many more games like the last couple and the knives will really be out.

every game is tough, but not every game is going to be as tough as our last three - which have been against last season's top three teams in the country, who have improved again.

I wasn't chuffed with the performances in the last few games. The players have been crap and the tactics have been crap. That needs to change.

..I've always been of a view that a new manager needs time to bring his players in and move others out. To this end, the transformation has been quite amazing, particularly given how difficult it is to get deadwood out. Because of this, I have generally not given an opinion on players he's wanted. It's important that a manager is left to get on with it and build his team.

We are now in that stage, albeit early in that stage. This is now Ronald Koeman's team and he can justifiably be held to account. Saying that, a team doesn't gel immediately and he will need time to tinker and change. I want to see signs of the direction of travel, I want to see signs of the strategy. There were a few glimpses of decent footballers against Hadjuk Split but no consistent evidence at this point.

Only Koeman asked for a leading striker and a center-back and the owner failed to deliver and instead throwing the top 6 ball back to the manager.

Only Koeman asked for a leading striker and a center-back and the owner failed to deliver and instead throwing the top 6 ball back to the manager.

What I keep coming back to is the delivery of 5/6/7 players dead early, the window long pursuit of Gylfi, (Koemans #1 target by all accounts, for a lot of £££), but this weird non delivery of a striker/CB/cover.

Odd.

...I'm not sure that was exactly the case.

RK said in interview this week that he thought he had target no1 and target no2 but they didn't materialise (I suspect no1 was Giroud). No fault of the owner. He then said they worked down the list and players were either not available or the selling clubs were asking more than their worth. They got so far down the list to a point where it was better to walk away.

What I keep coming back to is the delivery of 5/6/7 players dead early, the window long pursuit of Gylfi, (Koemans #1 target by all accounts, for a lot of £££), but this weird non delivery of a striker/CB/cover.

Odd.

Maybe just maybe that depended on Barkley and Niasse. At the end of the day we are still sell to buy. This comes to the question why didn't we use the ICBC loan? Or the loan is only for the stadium?

Maybe just maybe that depended on Barkley and Niasse. At the end of the day we are still sell to buy. This comes to the question why didn't we use the ICBC loan? Or the loan is only for the stadium?

The activity near the end of the window, (I was asleep, so going on what this place said), was that it looked like the Chelsea cash for Ross was needed for a striker. Maybe that overdraft was used for Gylfi? Its deffo not anything to do with the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back