Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have brought in far to many players, we have gone for quantity and He's tried to shoehorn the lot of them into the first team.

I have absolutely no idea the way he wants to play football based on the players he has signed.

The only players I like out of the lot are Pickford and Keane
Just about sums it up. I still think Ramirez could be decent given time though.

I wonder is there a bit of fickleness going on?

If we win well on Thursday the mood will instantly change again.
Bit obvious that
But personally it's the performance of the team that's more worrying to me
You look at other clubs performances from this season and I'm speaking of dare I say lesser clubs and you've seen a sparkle of something

The activity near the end of the window, (I was asleep, so going on what this place said), was that it looked like the Chelsea cash for Ross was needed for a striker. Maybe that overdraft was used for Gylfi? Its deffo not anything to do with the ground.

Jimenez was probably the option 4 or something.

What I find it odd is our transfer activities were more or less in hiatus after mid July. Yes we signed Sigurdsson and Vlasic but knowing Lukaku would go last season, we mess up big time without a proper replacement.

...I'm not sure that was exactly the case.

RK said in interview this week that he thought he had target no1 and target no2 but they didn't materialise (I suspect no1 was Giroud). No fault of the owner. He then said they worked down the list and players were either not available or the selling clubs were asking more than their worth. They got so far down the list to a point where it was better to walk away.

The activity near the end of the window, (I was asleep, so going on what this place said), was that it looked like the Chelsea cash for Ross was needed for a striker. Maybe that overdraft was used for Gylfi? Its deffo not anything to do with the ground.

...Roydo's assumption was the same as mine, more specifically we needed the Barkley money to pay for a striker. That view was supported by reports coming out of Portugal that we bid £35m for Jimenez in the final hours of the window. Saying that, RK had a reasonable explanation when asked earlier this week (see my post above).

Which isn't on Koeman. He wanted a striker. The board have let him and us down in not getting one.

Koeman is responsible for finding a balance with the players we do have. In the last 2 games (and that's all it is, 2) his tactics have been gash and we've been punished for it, but stop making massive sweeping statements like a bed-wetting ted.

Koeman needs to get a grip and use players in their correct positions, and not try to shoehorn every new signing in. There's enough games to go around for everybody and he needs to realise that soon.
This is simply not the case we've been shocking away from home for several months.

I was fuming yesterday but I've calmed down a bit now.

I think the start we had was always going to be very tough and we were going to be doing well to get 5 points after the first 5 games (we still could achieve that amount).

On the striker situation (or lack of one). I think their is a lack of quality available. If there was a proven 25 goal a season striker out there all the big clubs in Europe would be after him.

Need to just allow Koeman time to work with these players. Top 10 and a cup run with something to build on for next season would be OK.

My expectations are probably lower than some but I grew up with 90s Everton and was always just grateful to be staying up.

Obviously I want us to win things but it doesn't seem like it will happen in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back