Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Big Sam's philosophy is all about wingers and balls into the penalty box.

And Big Sams teams never lie down and take it up the ass either, they always show fight. I'm not advocating getting Allardyce in although it's up for debate whether he is a better manager than Koeman just wouldn't mind some of the team spirit he manages to instil in his teams.

Only Koeman asked for a leading striker and a center-back and the owner failed to deliver and instead throwing the top 6 ball back to the manager.

I'm not sure about this. A lot of people are wanting to blame the board or Walsh for not identifying a striker to sign yet Koeman said he knew who he wanted and if he couldn't get any of them then he would make do with what he had.

Also looking at the signings made since he got here, Schniederlin, Martina, Stekelenberg and Klaassen at least are all obviously "Koeman players" so he gets involved more than some people would suggest.

All of them have dropped the ball here I reckon.

Expecting to beat everyone at home is what one would call unrealistic expectations. To hear someone describe Spurs as not that good is astounding. Can't think of a single player we have that's better than their usual starting XI.
It's the "at least try to" part where @Papa Shango is bang on. Yes, Spurs are better all over the pitch than us but our leadership is partly responsible for that, but hoping for a 0-0 at home (and I can't see how anyone can argue we were set up to win that game) is a disgrace. I'd rather be humped trying to win than get humped trying not to lose. At home. It's going to be a long depressing season.

I wonder is there a bit of fickleness going on?

If we win well on Thursday the mood will instantly change again.
We may well do ok against a limited Atalanta team (although with our away form of the past 8 months I am pessimistic myself) but we are going to get battered by manure next week. Lukaku will be kissing the badge and doing cartwheels rubbing salt into the wounds. We just don't look like a side that can create chances, let alone score goals, at the moment.

I'm not sure about this. A lot of people are wanting to blame the board or Walsh for not identifying a striker to sign yet Koeman said he knew who he wanted and if he couldn't get any of them then he would make do with what he had.

Also looking at the signings made since he got here, Schniederlin, Martina, Stekelenberg and Klaassen at least are all obviously "Koeman players" so he gets involved more than some people would suggest.

Is Klaassen actually Koeman's though? Sigurðsson definitely was, but with Klaassen it seems to be because he's Dutch, he is assumed to be a Koeman rather than a Walsh signing.

4 prem games and the Boo boys are already out, plus the mass exodus with 10mins to go. A big wake up call for RK in my book as we all know our home support can be brutal.
I don't think losing is the main issue it is the performances we are putiing in, we need to change our whole game plan
I don't think people are being fickle more venting disappointment

There's no hiding place for Koeman now.

No strikers ? What did Moyes have to contend with for extended periods - Bent, Anichebe, Jo, Beattie, Beckford, Cahill, Straq - to name but 7. Yet teams with those players playing up front all got going at some point.

Last edited:

Koeman has been shafted big style by the head of recruitment / board in failing to get in a centre forward of note and left sided defender.

We are also trying to integrate a large number of players in one go which isn't ideal.

Add to that a ridiculously difficult start in terms of fixtures.

However the manner of our defeats showing no fight , team pattern or creativity is very very worrying.

He will be given time , of course , but I suspect that Mr Moshiri will expect and demand a huge improvement before Christmas.

Agree, and with the right system and team choice we could very well win at Old Trafford also, Stoke scored 2 past them and held on for the point. That would give us 7pts from 15, which is not all that bad especially with a win in Europe. However that's the optimist in me, the fact is, it all falls on Koemans shoulders to make the right choices, and so far I'm abit miffed at the team choices/tactics, like a lot of other Blues.

And Gylfi

Yet some people think it's ok. That is absolutely blooming disgraceful, never seen the like in well ever I don't think. Bad, so so bad. Koeman has to be held accountable, why are people getting on their high horse because some of us are questioning his management.

Not sure anyone thinks it's okay. Some are just more willing to understand why this has happened though and put things in perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back