Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think if we had signed Sandro Ramires on the last day of the window for £30 plus million we would have all been happy as. Got him early, got him cheap. We have to give it time to work. Agree it looks a real mess tactical at the moment but I still think there were good signs in the first 20 minutes against spurs. Thought we were the better team until then. And then.... class and organisation and a total inability to deal with Davies on their left and their extra man very quickly showed us up as to far behind we are. Shocking how we just crumpled to a disorganised mess with no plan or fight. Still, think it will come good, am prepared to sit it out for a while yet

I'm pretty sure Koeman made it clear to the board that signing Gylfi was an absolute priority, and he will also have known that given the asking price it was likely to be a protracted negotiation, whether or not he himself was involved in those negotiations.

He's as culpable as any for allowing other targets to dissipate IMO.
Come on Kev baby. He's made it repeatedly clear he's not involved in the negotiations. This can't be leveled at him. It's a hundreds of million pound business so there's a full recruitment team. This criticism belongs in the Steve Walsh thread and by the goof grace of Jesus I'll hold all you geordies accountable to it.

You cant just try to buy a Giroud or Costa and act like a big spoilt baby when they tell you to do one, a proper manager would have given Walsh a list of 5-10 targets in descending order of quality/preference, if the top target doesn't want to come, move on.

Even getting Chris Wood as a last resort would have been better than nobody at all. It was a massive failure by him not to replace a 30 goal striker, and he must be held accountable.
How's he acted like a spoilt baby? Please link it up.

Signing Chris Wood is not progression, why would you want that?

Koeman has fell out with every single flair player at the club and told Lukaku he would have wasted his career if he stayed with Everton.
That is disgraceful.

We look one paced, dull and predictable. £6m a year lol

I am not saying Unsworth would be the Messiah as such but he loves this club above any other. He has also shown he can produce players and get a tune out of the likes of Niasse.

I agree we haven't looked anything special yet mate but this is his squad and it's up to him to find the right balance sooner rather than later. I certainly don't think he will be afforded the extended time Martinez was given so if we were still playing slow pedestrian football and out of the running for a European spot and cups by January I think he'll be out on his arse.

Willing to give him the chance to find the right blend though mate and see exactly what is the plan and how he wants us to play.

I see at Palace De Boer has been sacked, yet Koeman continues to get a free pass?
He's just improved us from 11th to 7th Kevvers my man. It's a ridiculous knee jerk decision getting rid of De Boer, anyone can see that. If Evertonians are serious about the club progressing then we need to ridicule any likewise Geordie knee jerk behaviour ourselves.

I reckon he would mate.

There are some decent flair players in that Under 23s and its clear he lets them showcase the flair and attacking talent whilst still remaining solid.

Martinez couldnt organise a defence but we were really good attacking.
Koeman can organise a defence but we're utter dross at creating chances.

WHY CANT WE HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS FFS.

It would certainly be nice of we could find a nice balance mate. Fwiw I thought we were pretty blunt attacking wise at the end of the Martinez tenure, he was just a really piss poor manager with an unreal amount of flaws.

Still hopeful Koeman can get things right so I'm not willing to go too overboard and want him out until we've been royally bummed by that lot again and my fume can't take any more!

I see at Palace De Boer has been sacked, yet Koeman continues to get a free pass?
Utterly ridiculous that. I watched their game yesterday and they battered Burnley for the most part, they were unlucky, and the only reason they lost was down to a hideous misplaced back pass. To sack a manager after 4 games is sheer madness, the game has lost the plot. I hope Palace go down now.

Maths is not difficult to understand mate. I was talking about his time at Everton so that was 2013-2016 three full seasons
which he spent about £16m in average per season. What is the point to emphasis on one season?

I mentioned that year because I was responding to the post in which you specifically talked about that year.

We sell to buy at that time. We sell to buy now so honestly don't see what's the problem here. And RM decided to sign Funes Mori instead of Van dijk perhaps that's the biggest mistake.

And to give £20m for 2 players in 2013 was not cheap punts. Probably worth more than double nowadays.

It's truly amazing to see that, at least a decade later if not longer still, footy fans in the UK are still struggling to grasp the whole manager v. director of football concept. It's really not that hard!

Come on lads you've had your dummy out of the pram fume over a warm Carling. Seriously calling for Koeman after two defeats in 8, on the back of a season where he lifted us 4 places and created an exciting team is utterly ridiculous. Simple as that so don't you dare @ me. If you can't see it then you're part of the problem as any underwhelming Manager. He deserves a lot more time to try and make this work.

Many won't believe what Joey Barton said this morning

However I'm quite sure there is a lot of truth in it. We simply didn't have the money to spend on a new striker.

Utterly ridiculous that. I watched their game yesterday and they battered Burnley for the most part, they were unlucky, and the only reason they lost was down to a hideous misplaced back pass. To sack a manager after 4 games is sheer madness, the game has lost the plot. I hope Palace go down now.

I reckon Frank would have been knocking on Scott Danns door this morning threatening to knock him out after that miss last night.

If your getting beat game after game playing absolutely useless football then fair enough but yesterday you could say Palace could have easily won that 4-1 or 5-1 if it wasn't for some abysmal finishing.

Not saying he's a great manager but like you I find it absolutely ludicrous to be sacking him after that showing yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back