Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-league-10-talking-points-from-weekend-action

5) Failure to replace Lukaku all too apparent for Everton

Ten of Ronald Koeman’s signings started and this time they mustered one spurious attempt on goal to follow up the zero they managed at Chelsea in the previous defeat. The manager’s apologists claim the team need time to gel but the fact is fans are struggling to see what if any system the Dutchman is trying to employ, on the pitch and in the transfer market. On Saturday his one-paced side were set up with two defensive midfielders and all three of the No10s he signed in the summer shoehorned behind a 22-year-old Spaniard, Sandro Ramírez, with two league games behind him and who was replaced at half-time by another youth prospect, Dominic Calvert-Lewin. It was clear as long ago as February that Romelu Lukaku would be leaving and the manager’s failure to sign an adequate replacement is a case bordering on gross negligence. Mark Tallentire

Bang on that, it's plain for all to see. Such a good start to the transfer window, brought in some good players and then neglected to buy the most important part of his jigsaw. It's biting him in the bottom now already.

Not in the slightest bit too soon to be calling for Koeman's head, because while he may well be able to re-steady the ship, there isn't a hope in hell of him getting us to trouble the top 4/6, no matter how long he's here. So why delay the inevitable? Is he ever going to be a manager we're desperate to keep? No? So why bother? There's plenty better out there if you're willing to look beyond the myopic 'proven winners'.

How's he acted like a spoilt baby? Please link it up.

Signing Chris Wood is not progression, why would you want that?

Apologies, I have no evidence of this, it's just that he looks a bit like a baby and he annoys me with his number 10 fetish, Mondays eh?

Chris Wood would have started in this squad until January when we'd (hopefully) have brought a new striker, then he'd be decent back up, just an opinion.

Apologies, I have no evidence of this, it's just that he looks a bit like a baby and he annoys me with his number 10 fetish, Mondays eh?

Chris Wood would have started in this squad until January when we'd (hopefully) have brought a new striker, then he'd be decent back up, just an opinion.
We gotta let that fume go brother. It was me too, but it's Monday now and we gotta drop the geordie inside.

Last edited:
Not in the slightest bit too soon to be calling for Koeman's head, because while he may well be able to re-steady the ship, there isn't a hope in hell of him getting us to trouble the top 4/6, no matter how long he's here. So why delay the inevitable? Is he ever going to be a manager we're desperate to keep? No? So why bother? There's plenty better out there if you're willing to look beyond the myopic 'proven winners'.
Arsenal, Utd and City only won 2 each against the top 6 last season. All lost 4 or more games vs top 6. Loads of time yet to sort this out.

Bang on that, it's plain for all to see. Such a good start to the transfer window, brought in some good players and then neglected to buy the most important part of his jigsaw. It's biting him in the bottom now already.

Fairly sure Koeman wanted a striker to be fair. The board are to blame for that specific issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back