Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to show against united that he has a best team/formation, he can't keep floundering around hoping for the best. He's paid to get results and against the teams deemed bigger than us, he poos a brick, I can't and won't accept that. I thought he had turned it around in the second half of last season and now it's all over the place again. £6m do your job Mr Manager.

Fairly sure Koeman wanted a striker to be fair. The board are to blame for that specific issue.

Yeah, fair enough, he was let down and it's biting him in the bum. Someone has blundered massively. I suppose the manager gets the flack in these cases as he's the easiest target.

Get some pace on. Mirallas and Lookman on. Play one or the other of Gana or Schneiderlin with Klaasen. Let Rooney go and sort his marriage out and get DCL starting and possibly even give Niasse a run out. Stop being so defensive. If we're going to get beat by Man United we might as well attack them.

Not in the slightest bit too soon to be calling for Koeman's head, because while he may well be able to re-steady the ship, there isn't a hope in hell of him getting us to trouble the top 4/6, no matter how long he's here. So why delay the inevitable? Is he ever going to be a manager we're desperate to keep? No? So why bother? There's plenty better out there if you're willing to look beyond the myopic 'proven winners'.
And so it begins....

Where's the poll, ffs?

Probably requires its own thread but say we continue to play poorly for the next 5-6 games and he gets binned off. Who would people want to replace him? That we could realistically get and that would actually improve us.

I like Koeman but I fear we could end up wasting the best bunch of kids (local and bought in) we've ever had. Davies seems to have regressed for club so far but if we can keep him and all the others here in 5 years we'd have a super team. If managed correctly.

Probably requires its own thread but say we continue to play poorly for the next 5-6 games and he gets binned off. Who would people want to replace him? That we could realistically get and that would actually improve us.

I like Koeman but I fear we could end up wasting the best bunch of kids (local and bought in) we've ever had. Davies seems to have regressed for club so far but if we can keep him and all the others here in 5 years we'd have a super team. If managed correctly.
Someone who's brought youngsters through successfully elsewhere.

Would be daft to get shut off him mate, so he gets judged at the end of the season (unless things are really dire by Christmas) because this is his squad now, so he needs to be given the time to see what he can do with it.

Would be daft to get shut off him mate, so he gets judged at the end of the season (unless things are really dire by Christmas) because this is his squad now, so he needs to be given the time to see what he can do with it.

Yeh I'm not saying he would be I just see lots on here after him gone and curious as to who they envisage as his successor.

It's took 4 games for him to go from messiah to people calling for his head.
There is no way he will be gone this season. no matter what happens. I've never been his biggest fan but replacing after 4 games is madness. He needs to actually pick a formation and stick with it. He has chopped and changed the front line and attacking midfielders nearly every single game. Which helps no one at all.

This is the reasonable view of any Evertonian. We must protect GOT as a place to have these opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back