Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think he needs to change ? Does playing 2 ball winning type CMs actually work that well? Maybe he needs to put Klaassen or someone else in CM alongside Schneiderlin or Gana

One massive improvement would be to drop Martina and go with Holgate or Kenny, as well as switching to a back four

I'd say go 4-4-1-1 with DCL as the striker with one of Rooney/Sigurdsson/Klaassen playing behind him

I think it's fair to say that Ron's doing a very, very poor job at the moment without necessarily wanting him to be sacked.
Think that;s a pretty balanced view honestly. I don't like him, I don't rate him, but I don't think sacking him is really going to accomplish much.

That being said, he really is very much like Moyes in some regards. Moyes always got the best results when he stumbled on to something instead of planning for it. That's how it happened at Southampton for Koeman, that's how I probably see it happening here.

For a player of his caliber, with the Barcelona and Dutch teams he played for, tho, he is terribly anti-football.

We have essentially a whole new team in the space of 12 months a significant proportion of which were signed a matter of week ago.

Seriously what did people expect?

Space, time and patience required, Koeman is an excellent manager. Not many teams are going to take points of Spurs or Chelsea this season.

This is certainly rational, and hard to deny. But I held on to this for far too long under Martinez. I was hoping we'd at least demonstrate a sense of how all our new players are supposed to fit together... it's scarier to think that maybe what we threw out against Chelsea and Spurs was actually plan A all along, and not the lack of a plan.

At least Koeman is not usually slow to shuffle the deck when it's not working.

If people are calling for Ron to be sacked your crazy. He just needs to change his tactics/ team selections. We will come through this I'm sure

I dont think many are mate. I think people are seeing that the bloke is on £6m a year and spent £150m in the Summer and, its not even the performances - its the lack of shape, plan and tactics that are making people ask for much much more from the Manager.

It's took 4 games for him to go from messiah to people calling for his head.
There is no way he will be gone this season. no matter what happens. I've never been his biggest fan but replacing after 4 games is madness. He needs to actually pick a formation and stick with it. He has chopped and changed the front line and attacking midfielders nearly every single game. Which helps no one at all.

Im not sure its just 4 games. I can recalla game including pre season when we have looked good.

It looks to me like he is trying to accomodate is buys in to an 11 rather than playing a system and rotating the players to suit the system. We lool like england often do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back