Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't understand what Koeman saw in DCL last season but he kept playing him. Now I'm getting it. Again, first half of last season, struggled to see any plan in how he was getting us to play. It came good. Have patience, the players will gel and he will find a system that suits. We qualified for the europa league section and we have had a very tough start to the season. We nearly beat city away with a game plan. Liverpool didn't do so well did they? Mind to be fair to them, they were already on the beach having won the prem in August

Think that;s a pretty balanced view honestly. I don't like him, I don't rate him, but I don't think sacking him is really going to accomplish much.

That being said, he really is very much like Moyes in some regards. Moyes always got the best results when he stumbled on to something instead of planning for it. That's how it happened at Southampton for Koeman, that's how I probably see it happening here.

For a player of his caliber, with the Barcelona and Dutch teams he played for, tho, he is terribly anti-football.
I agree with that, the problem is that sometimes if you don't have a bit of luck you don't stumble onto a successful formula. He's been a manager for best part of twenty years and if you're very good you don't rely on stumbling onto something. It's just as likely in my opinion that he ends up at a dead end.

I said the other week I wasn't a fan of the back 3, he changed to a back 4 and was equally as bad but traditionally a back 4 just looks more solid.

There is elements in our own fanbase sabotaging the progress of Everton FC.

Progress does not run in a straight line and as soon as there's any setbacks they are out with their knives to envelope the club in doom and doubt. This is projected onto the club and magnified now more by social media.

Their disgusting appetite is only sated by the sacking of our manager as they have watched too much The Apprentice from their box room and think they know business more than Moshiri, signings more than Walsh and tactics more than Koeman.

These fans are our biggest glass ceiling and must be squashed.

Stand up. Join us.

Madness innit brah, we have played some quite excellent footballing teams, Chelsea and Spurs are decades ahead of us in terms of progress, Spurs dont even need Vinny J thats how advanced they are.

We just need to get United out the way and then watch us fly.
It's amazing that people expect to see us flying at the off considering our league opponents. With the number of new players on top of it. He is working to see how all these new players fit in actual games. We played three at the back v Chelsea and were soundly beaten by a team miles bettter than us. We played 4 at the back v. spurs and were beaten by a team miles better than us. It's not like we are trotting out the same team/formation game after game. It is going to take time and the fact the board didn't get a striker in to play the style Koeman wants is not his fault. We need to get through to Christmas with the team gelling and get a proper striker in.

Progress does not run in a straight line and as soon as there's any setbacks they are out with their knives to envelope the club in doom and doubt. This is projected onto the club and magnified now more by social media.

Their disgusting appetite is only sated by the sacking of our manager as they have watched too much The Apprentice from their box room and think they know business more than Moshiri, signings more than Walsh and tactics more than Koeman.

Stand up. Join us.
TBF the main character from The Apprentice is now President of the United States.

Stand up. Join us.

Amen

It's amazing that people expect to see us flying at the off considering our league opponents. With the number of new players on top of it. He is working to see how all these new players fit in actual games. We played three at the back v Chelsea and were soundly beaten by a team miles bettter than us. We played 4 at the back v. spurs and were beaten by a team miles better than us. It's not like we are trotting out the same team/formation game after game. It is going to take time and the fact the board didn't get a striker in to play the style Koeman wants is not his fault. We need to get through to Christmas with the team gelling and get a proper striker in.
No, what's amazing is people still confusing people believing we shouldn't be getting absolutely webbed all over the place at home with 'expecting us to be flying.'

The games haven't been easy, we get it. Doesn't excuse us looking like we've never met each other before in my humble opinion.

Couldn't understand what Koeman saw in DCL last season but he kept playing him. Now I'm getting it. Again, first half of last season, struggled to see any plan in how he was getting us to play. It came good. Have patience, the players will gel and he will find a system that suits. We qualified for the europa league section and we have had a very tough start to the season. We nearly beat city away with a game plan. Liverpool didn't do so well did they? Mind to be fair to them, they were already on the beach having won the prem in August

Only when Koeman started playing Lewin down the middle though mate, didn't get it when he was playing Lewin out on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back