Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a strange cookie our David, glad I'm not the only one who's noticed his thinly veiled stabs at Koeman. He set unrealistic expectations for the new manager from the moment Martinez was sacked so he already had an excuse for the inevitable attack whenever the first hiccup happened. He's waiting patiently, and as soon as the first thing goes wrong this season then that's it. EVERYTHING will be put up against Martinez's first season and then there we go, the very first Koeman plotter. He's already very subtly hinting at us returning to "hoofball", just in case we actually are successful, then at least he has "well I don't like the style of play" to fall back on. Imagine that, imagine caring about being right THAT much.

Lol. That's RAWKesque levels of paranoia.

I've said it a handful of times: there'll be no kneejerk from me about Koeman or any other future Everton manager. The first season (as long as they dont have us in a relegation fight) is one in which any new manager are finding their feet and they cant be faced with calls for them to go. Criticism should be allowed, yes, but no calls for their head.

Comments about style or choice of player or formation or handling of team situations have to be discussed though, they cant get a blank cheque.

I've said it a handful of times: there'll be no kneejerk from me about Koeman or any other future Everton manager. The first season (as long as they dont have us in a relegation fight) is one in which any new manager are finding their feet and they cant be faced with calls for them to go. Criticism should be allowed, yes, but no calls for their head.

Comments about style or choice of player or formation or handling of team situations have to be discussed though, they cant get a blank cheque.

Yes or no, do you think Moshiri made a mistake firing Martinez and getting Koeman in?

You have said that any new manager HAS to match or better Martinez's first season, or he should be under scrutiny straight away. That is unfair considering Martinez took over a team already established in the top 7 and left a mid table shambles for his successor.

You have said that any new manager HAS to match or better Martinez's first season, or he should be under scrutiny straight away. That is unfair considering Martinez took over a team already established in the top 7 and left a mid table shambles for his successor.
Pretty certain I stated it'd have to be approached by his second or third seasons and that he should always have that total as his target. It's a massive target to reach though and I think that only if Koeman has large amounts of funds available to him he''ll get near it.

Pretty certain I stated it'd have to be approached by his second or third seasons and that he should always have that total as his target. It's a massive target to reach though and I think that only if Koeman has large amounts of funds available to him he''ll get near it.

This doesn't sound like a very supportive post for our new manager mate

image.webp

But @davek has already said koeman was a good choice and actually one of the managed he wanted I think
I dont know why, but Mike, St Domingo and Ian just want to turn every Koeman post into a referendum on him (and if it's me they're responding to, to also make it a contest between Koeman and Martinez). It's like they're looking to impose total obedience for this feller.

I dont know why, but Mike, St Domingo and Ian just want to turn every Koeman post into a referendum on him (and if it's me they're responding to, to also make it a contest between Koeman and Martinez). It's like they're looking to impose total obedience for this feller.

I agree.

This is a thread about our current manager.

Not Martinez. Not Howard. Not Royle.

Please, can we keep it that way.

What's that got to do with supporting Koeman? Why are you and a couple of others constantly talking about Martinez in this thread? There's a thread for that in the other forum.

The firing of Martinez is the precursor to Koeman being here. You've referenced Martinez's first season performance several times in terms of setting a bench mark for Koeman.

We've had our best start to a league season for a long time yet rather than being happy about this you want to bring 13/14 into it at any opportunity then play innocent with the 'off topic' card whenever anyone calls you on it.

Happy to hear your Martinez free views on Koeman's record start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back