Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I've described his coaching and management style as uncomplicated. It looks like he wants his team to have a certain shape and his players to play a certain way, if they're not doing it he changes personnel. Folk are rightly highlighting his after-match interview, but just as informative for me was that of Baines who commented on the players fitness and great team spirit. A happy workplace is usually a productive workplace, long may it continue.

Great buzz from last night but as a word of caution ; it reminds me of the 3-0 thumping we gave to Southampton last season and we all know what happened after that.Long way to go , but so far so good.

....good point, plus Sunderland look a very poor team. The best thing for me is that apart from the 2nd half last night I haven't been impressed with how we've played. We are work in progress and I'm hoping we get better but our points haul to date is very encouraging. Gueye looks an unbelievably good purchase and we're definitely more solid looking at the back, especially as the full backs appear much more disciplined.

...I've described his coaching and management style as uncomplicated. It looks like he wants his team to have a certain shape and his players to play a certain way, if they're not doing it he changes personnel. Folk are rightly highlighting his after-match interview, but just as informative for me was that of Baines who commented on the players fitness and great team spirit. A happy workplace is usually a productive workplace, long may it continue.

Eggs, they did exactly the same thing in the first few months after Moyes.

'Breath of fresh air".... "unshackled to attack more" ... "greater freedom" etc etc

It is best to stay grounded as possible as we are experiencing the new manager bounce and the fixture list has been very kind to Mr Koeman. There lies tougher tests but the signs are very positive...

Second thoughts screw that, we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league!!!! :dance::p

Eggs, they did exactly the same thing in the first few months after Moyes.

'Breath of fresh air".... "unshackled to attack more" ... "greater freedom" etc etc

....we need to manage expectation but it's a very good start. Some folk are bound to be getting a bit carried away but let's enjoy the moment whilst it lasts.

It could be that koeman is like moyes in terms of set up and style. Just with bigger balls, better tactical nouse, and the ability to make his players not bottle it

Impressive so far. No question.

I like Koeman a lot.

I think I'll settle into his Everton era though when Baines and Jagielka are out the door. Hopefully that isn't too long. I can't stand snides and Baines was at it again tonight. Small man, small mind. Counting the days until he's gone.

Dave, I love you but you have to be in contention to be one of the most fickle, blinkered fan I have ever 'met'.

It could be that koeman is like moyes in terms of set up and style. Just with bigger balls, better tactical nouse, and the ability to make his players not bottle it

He doesn't hesitate over substitutions. Both Moyes and Martinez seemed to have pre planned subs that would come on after 70 mins regardless of the players performance. Under Martinez it was nearly only ever the two wide players who would be subbed. In 4 games Koeman has switched formation at half time, made first half substitutions, hauled Barkley off at half time. Great to see.

Appears to be no shortage of team spirit being generated by Ron and his team also - Baines mentioning it in the post match interview - and Rom apparently saying somewhere else that even though Koeman is very strict with them the team spirit is up there !

Very positive start that hopefully sets us up well for the tougher tests to come!

Thought tactically he was superb last night. Bringing Geri on wide right and putting Bolasie on the left touchline created so much space through the centre hence Gueye getting so advanced and Rom completely unmarked for his 3 goals.
Yeah I was saying at half time to make the pitch bigger with the pace we have put wide and think Rom mentioned it in his interview. Gueye is unreal! He will just get better and better. Will also prolong Barrys career !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back