Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
as people have mentioned it's early days but I'm very very impressed so far.

Absolute priority was sorting out our fitness and defence issues. Can't believe Barry hasn't been mentioned much as he looked as fit as he has in any time of his long career. He was immense last night. The free flowing football will come with time but atm just grabbing 2 clean sheets on the spin will do the lads at the back the world of good.

Build from the back, get a solid foundation and then from there anything is achievable.

I can now see why Southampton fans took it so badly when he left and look at them now, they're back in their box.

Their run of form in the second half of last season was one of the best in the league. He made international players out of Fonte Bertrand Cedric and had VVD looking like one of the league's best. They've all started the season poorly this time round whilst we've got the joint best defence. All the signs point towards a manager whose style suits the premier league.

It's early days but the signs are good.

Most with half a brain in their skull knew we would improve just by being better organised defensively once we got rid of the previous balloon in charge. However to get Williams in will be a master stroke I think, as he will bring so much stability and confidence to the back 4.

The middle of midfield is taking care of itself and I think the fact that McCarthy and Besic are now very much back ups in that area shows how strong the current pairing is.

The attacking group of Lukaku, Bolasie, Mirallas, Barkley and Del have a bit of everything between them so lets just hope they can stay fit, because if they do they are a handful for anybody.

Let's hope we can stay in the top 6 by January and then strengthen for a bit more quality in depth.

I can't work out whether he is a lucky manager or a highly skillful one just yet, but it's clear he is decisive and that's a massive contrast to last season. I love the fact that he is prepared to make changes early and so far it has paid off, but we need to see how we cope with the top teams before getting too excited.

Impressive so far. No question.

I like Koeman a lot.

I think I'll settle into his Everton era though when Baines and Jagielka are out the door. Hopefully that isn't too long. I can't stand snides and Baines was at it again tonight. Small man, small mind. Counting the days until he's gone.

If we only supported players who are 100% with the club we would just have been left with Cahill and Dunc to cheer on!

We know players are of a transient nature, you can't really blame him for having his head turned when utd called. But he's still here and so is Jags, they maybe 'snides', but their our snides and I'll support whoever Koeman sends out onto the pitch.

Without looking to far forward, the January transfer window could be very different than the summer, players me be more convinced of our ambitions.

what a manager

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back