Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if humble pie is on the koeman household menu tonight

Don't see why it should be. He has played him twice now....he didn't have to. Shows that if you show in training you have a chance to play. We have got to be honest and say Niasse was the butt of the jokes when he came here so hats off for Koeman not being too stubborn.

Ronald is going to get a lot of hate today given how Niasse has been handled in the past, but I actually think there's a fairly strong case for anyone to defend him off of the back of this game. I thought we totally controlled the tempo in the first half, and you can see that at least some work is being done in the training ground because the intricate passing one-two's absolutely objectively has improved. This is especially important given we'll need to be really good at that to break down sides at home given that we have no pace at all in the squad.

The second half Holgate was unfortunate in an otherwise strong game to see Josh King skip past one and execute a fantastically placed finish. Koeman was right in my eyes to not change the side at half time because we had been performing strongly, but King's goal sucked all the momentum out of the side and I think it became clear that we needed to go a bit more direct, given that after a goal down the confidence gets sapped and the passing becomes less adventurous. On comes Tom Davies and Niasse, two substitutes that totally changed the game but probably couldn't start having played in midweek. Finally, there's recognition that we don't have a target man and Martina's lofty crosses haven't been working all game. I was absolutely fuming when he swapped a defender for a defender as the last substitute to change the game, but his low crosses proved to be extremely effective in unsettling the backline. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I honestly think that's a tactical decision given that Kenny and Martina both seem to have their favoured crossing styles.

Hopefully this doesn't read too much like I'm a Koeman sycophant, as I really really am not that, but I think he responded very well today.

He got lucky today not because of the win.

He got lucky he stumble upon a good balance selection with his substitution after going a goal down. Please don't credit him with genius substitution, he should have known ages ago that Rooney klassen and siggy should not be playing in the same team. The 3 of them is so confuse with their role and the whole team is affected.

?????????????????

He turned round, looked at his options, and his subs changed the game completely.

He gets full credit here. We've been stuffed by Chelsea, Spurs and United this season; look what they are doing to everyone else too.

The one anomalous result so far is the Atalanta one.

So when Alex Fetguson brought on Solskjaer when they were 1-0 down to Bayern, would he get credit for that or not? Or would he be judged a failure because his first xi needed changing?

lol that's nothing to do with it is it? This is Everton and we're talking about fat head not picking the right team to start and he made subs which got us out of jail that's not a sub masterclass

cow-1715829_960_720.jpg

You tell me that's not the appearance of a man trying to put Klaassen, Siggurdson and Rooney into the same side.
No wonder he is carrying on alledgedly with a tongue like that lol

lol that's nothing to do with it is it? This is Everton and we're talking about fat head not picking the right team to start and he made subs which got us outlook jail that's not a sub masterclass

It's everything to do with it

You're saying that if a manager sees things aren't working and then uses subs to correct them then he shouldn't get any credit for it

I've given you a clear example of why that suggestion is a load of arl arse

He made three subs and all three players were key in the winning goal

Job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back