Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main thing is we won yesterday and surly now he has put all the not playing Niasse stuff behind him, and one or two other bizarre team choices he has been making. Main thing is now we have an easier run of games, as long as we get the results we want from them its all good. He personly has had a mare, the side has been awful this season but we cant forget the good work he did last season

Main thing is we won yesterday and surly now he has put all the not playing Niasse stuff behind him, and one or two other bizarre team choices he has been making. Main thing is now we have an easier run of games, as long as we get the results we want from them its all good. He personly has had a mare, the side has been awful this season but we cant forget the good work he did last season

Last season was last season mate, it's been and gone.

It's 100% his team now.

So other than with the massive balls up with the striker, it's all down to him to set the team up in some kind of balanced and recognisable formation.

Which, even after gettting banjoed in the past few games, he still not doing.

He got lucky yesterday and if Defoe had took his chance to make it two, it'd have been game over.

His team selection on Thursday is going to be very interesting.

Last season was last season mate, it's been and gone.

It's 100% his team now.

So other than with the massive balls up with the striker, it's all down to him to set the team up in some kind of balanced and recognisable formation.

Which, even after gettting banjoed in the past few games, he still not doing.

He got lucky yesterday and if Defoe had took his chance to make it two, it'd have been game over.

His team selection on Thursday is going to be very interesting.

Thursday will see Vlasic and Lookman etc akin to Haribo Cup and then come Saturday lo and behold square pegs and round holes once more

If you know your history the last 5 decades all our trophies have be gained by former players who became manager -The Catt - HK/Harvey - Joe Royle!
Outsiders in 60 plus years all have failed!
Bar Harvey they all managed other professional teams before Everton. Personally I would hate to see Unsworths chance being ruined due to lack of experience and trying to force him in out of sentiment on the back of Koeman leaving. If he's ready by all means as I'd love to see him succeed and spend many successful years at the helm of our club but it's a risk at the minute for a few reasons. Big jump from u23s league to the Premier League, you know this yourself.

I expect Koeman to keep up with this charade of slow central midfielders as he is a stubborn man. For our team's sake, I hope he starts making some rational choices and puts us in a better position to succeed.

Bar Harvey they all managed other professional teams before Everton. Personally I would hate to see Unsworths chance being ruined due to lack of experience and trying to force him in out of sentiment on the back of Koeman leaving. If he's ready by all means as I'd love to see him succeed and spend many successful years at the helm of our club but it's a risk at the minute for a few reasons. Big jump from u23s league to the Premier League, you know this yourself.
Big jump from Southampton fc as it's proving!

I have seen photos of his wife and can well understand how ol' Morgan would have forgotten all else :pint2:
camille-sold.jpg

Big jump from Southampton fc as it's proving!
Fair enough but that's not the point I'm making or disputing. I think Koemans been abysmal this season but there's time for him to fix it and forcing Unsworth in out of sentiment could back fire. If he's ready now the powers that be will know and surely give him his shot but I'd say he needs a season or two in the championship or with a bottom Premier league team.

Fair enough but that's not the point I'm making or disputing. I think Koemans been abysmal this season but there's time for him to fix it and forcing Unsworth in out of sentiment could back fire. If he's ready now the powers that be will know and surely give him his shot but I'd say he needs a season or two in the championship or with a bottom Premier league team.
The way Koemans going the bottom 3 can be arranged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back