Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points mate but a pragmatist is not defined by their results, but by their approach in my humble opinion. Koeman is entirely about the result at the expense of performance. He is not one to demonstrate a great deal of risk in his strategy. Suppose it depends on what your view of pragmatism in football management is, which is naturally subjective.

It also is doing a slight disaeevice to Koeman to compare him unfavourably against Moyes for runs of poor form. I remember start of seasons to Christmas of abstract rubbish from some Moyes teams, although admittedly with a fraction of the resources that Koeman enjoys.

But the money is the point. RK got loads of dosh and bought 4 no.10's. DM had to sell to buy and usually did a top job gradually improving the team. Yes it was often rubbish but we all understood what working for Billy Liar and a small net spend involved. DM was pragmatic, realistic, boring, limited - all of that but the club was getting better.

RK has so far blown the chance of the century. Not since Harry Catterick and Chairman Moores has a manager had a chance to plan a team with lots of available dosh. And Catterick bought well, usually. Think about the weaknesses we have and that RK did not address?

As for RK's non-risk free approach, I would call it fear. Two holding midfielders!! no wingers!! We had to pile on the goals against them, give the team a boost and kick-start the season. No ambition is not a risk-free approach.

We have been beaten at home defore in the Cup by Walsall and Fulham , so its not the end of the world but it looks like another year down the drain, more dreams dashed...

But the money is the point. RK got loads of dosh and bought 4 no.10's. DM had to sell to buy and usually did a top job gradually improving the team. Yes it was often rubbish but we all understood what working for Billy Liar and a small net spend involved. DM was pragmatic, realistic, boring, limited - all of that but the club was getting better.

RK has so far blown the chance of the century. Not since Harry Catterick and Chairman Moores has a manager had a chance to plan a team with lots of available dosh. And Catterick bought well, usually. Think about the weaknesses we have and that RK did not address?

As for RK's non-risk free approach, I would call it fear. Two holding midfielders!! no wingers!! We had to pile on the goals against them, give the team a boost and kick-start the season. No ambition is not a risk-free approach.

We have been beaten at home defore in the Cup by Walsall and Fulham , so its not the end of the world but it looks like another year down the drain, more dreams dashed...
Fair points mate. Actually you’ll be able to answer this better than most on here. Since you brought him up - Koeman’s hard faced attitude and cold approach, not too dissimilar to Catterick?

You know something Ancelotti is available now.Perhaps we should strike while the iron is hot so to speak.Then again would Ancelotti come to us?

I admire your optimism sir, but we are a midtable side with a ramshackle stadium, and in the last 30 years we've won as much as Portsmouth and Wigan: one FA Cup.

We're not exactly an attractive proposition.

Last night on TalkSport several of the pundits mentioned Harry Redknapp as a possible successor to Koeman if the Dutchman was sacked. I nearly had a heart attack. I'd rather have Sean Dyche than 'arry.

From Brian Porter, toffeeweb

Actually guys, I just looked and Limassol are 9th in their league and there are only 14 teams in it. This rates as one of the worst results I can remember in 59 years of supporting the club.
Ex
Koeman has taken a squad of talented players and turned them into a team devoid of passion, direction and confidence. Even the bloody match commentators could see it and were spot on in saying this was a team who were not receiving any direction from the bench whatsoever. Koeman has to go because he is sucking the lifeblood out of talented players who deserve to be coached in a far more positive way than he is capable of.

The fans booing at the end said it all really. Not even halfway through the season and he has totally lost the plot, refuses to change his as yet unidentified system and is once again blaming the players for his own shortcomings as a coach.

To use an old phrase, it's a bad workman who blames his tools. Well, Mr. Six million pound coach, Koeman, the players are your tools and it's your job to get the best out of them. Their failure is I'm afraid, your failure and your responsibility.

Koeman is quite clearly not capable of learning from his mistakes, hence his continued selection of an unbalanced team with no pace, width or penetration. Again, the commentators mentioned all these things and if they can see what we are all seeing, then why can't Koeman?

More to the point, what the hell is the board going to do about the situation? We have a lame duck manager who, just like his predecessor, refuses to see any faults in himself.

The only bright spot in tonight's game was the performance of Vlasic, a really good find. I had a feeling Koeman's decision to foolishly include Barkley in his Euro squad at at he expense of Niasse might come back and bite us on the bum. Why the hell did he include a player who is out till Christmas at least and who obviously doesn't want to play for us.

His decision making sucks, his tactics are unfathomable and his man management stinks. Apart from that, he's doing OK. NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back