Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that peeves me off more than anything. Last night I was sat just above the manager dugout and the Cypriot manager was constantly screaming at his players and going ballistic on the touchline when they played a bad ball. Koeman just stood there arms folded all match, it reminds me of Martinez's last season in charge...Absolutely clueless !!!

..in his post-match interview he looked flustered to me. I haven't seen that before. I don't think it was a matter of being scared to play football, I think it was more about picking a team and system that is almost ante-football.

Apparently he was shouting at Rooney during the match for not playing further forward. It's simple, Sigurdsson should be playing there.

Ya he looked a bit lost at end and during interview. Rooney is prob going i can play there boss there is already siggy and tommy clogging up the "hole".

Actually wasn't in our bottom 3 displays this season, which is progress I suppose. The attacking intent in last 20 mins, dare I say it, was actually quite good when Schneiderlin finally got to full tilt and showed a bit of hunger to get it back and shift it forward quickly.

Rooney also had the realization (or the telling off?) that he can actually take a touch and look forward rather than pinging it straight back to our midfield every time.

What's frustrating is we have all the parts to field a decent team, but for some reason Ron see's it as a risk to put that out from the kick-off.

At least we are now at a stage where every man and his dog (commentators, pundits, ex-players) can see the issue with pace and width in Ron's starting line ups, just Ron to have that epiphany now... *waits*

Last edited:

I think he has to pull him out, he will still be off the bench and get games though purely because we have nobody else. I'm dreading the Burnley game, Dyche is going to have a field day with us
Never thought I would say this but we miss Mori but at least he actually puts the effort in. Williams has been directly to blame for a lot of goals we have conceded since last season. He doesn’t even look like a footballer, I play cb and I’m short and fat and still don’t make these sorts of mistakes :) an I don’t even want to watch the game Sunday Be pointless because we will get spanked. If we get beat he has got to be shown the door surely. This is where we see just how ruthless moshiri is!!

Mar
Stevie Wonder could see what needs to change!
Martinez lost his job in the same way. Pure boring football sideways with no cutting edge and refused to change when we all knew ....lad uf you dont change ur going to get sacked... but some of these managers think they are special. He will be booed out of goodison by xmas.

The board's perspective is also key here. If they feel the current state of affairs are because they failed to deliver the striker and defender Koeman needed then they will back him inspite our problems.

The more concerning thing would be if they feel he isn't getting the players to tick at all. What's the point of spending so much money of one is only gonna make the excuse of squad integration problems which deteriorates the team rather than improve it?

Out.

It's not like he did great last season either. Our away form was relegation material and we relied on lukaku's goals at home . He chased the wrong players all summer. Him and Walsh need to go.

..to be fair, I think the game matters to Rooney so he tries to influence things all over the pitch when things are not right.

Ya you can see that alright. Some of the llayers are trying. You can see sandro wants to do well he is too anxious and cant even control a ball ( its not his ability he has plenty) but the system of 3 number 10 is crazy and with all the players on top of each other they are lost hence rooney looking for space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back