Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out.

It's not like he did great last season either. Our away form was relegation material and we relied on lukaku's goals at home . He chased the wrong players all summer. Him and Walsh need to go.

He did what was expected of him last year and at the same time introduced a lot of young players. Last season was just fine.

This season, he's losing his head, it seems.

this is all becoming very Martinez season 2. The one thing you could say for Martinez was that he was truely honoured to manage us and loved the club. He wasn't good enough but he was proud to be Everton manager. Koeman has no emotional attachment to us what so ever. He talks about us like we're a seperate entitiy to him and he shows no passion on the pitch. I don't want a clown like Klopp doing rehearsed celebrations but i do want to see some pride in being Everton Manager.

Sigirdsson looks a different player when played centrally, and given the freedom to be 'the' playmaker.

Schneiderlin, similarly, looked much more like himself when he was the sold defensive midfielder.

We were crap last night again. I'm worried.

4 minutes in Toff Rooney was stepping on Morgan's toes trying to ping a 40 yard ball. Now Morgan needs to grow a pair and say to Wayne "[Poor language removed] this is my space and push up". To say he was God awful would be an understatement so anything from marginally better 2nd half would look like an improvement. He's one of the main reasons we've been slow and pedestrian in attack ( Morgan ) yet game after game he's there.

The lack of communication between this side is bloody shocking. No one giving a good old rollicking to each other

I hate the attitude of some managers. Persisting with tactics that don't work because you think you're more clever than everyone else. Brian Clough said football is a simple game made complicated by idiots. I think we know what that makes Koeman.

..I think it's lots more about tactics and formation rather than attitude and leadership. Indeed, it's a distraction from the managers failings to blame things on anything else.

Riddle me this my versitle food friend...

In the league so far this season we average 19 tackles per game (3rd most in the league) and 17 interceptions per game (most in the league) ...

Which suggests to me that we can win the ball back quite effectively and regain possession ... mainly in midfield because of Gueye and Schneiderlin ... but those two players both average over 50 passes each per game yet non of those passes are 'key passes' that lead to a shot on goal by another player. Why? Because the majority of their passes combined ~75% are backwards or sideways.

So we get possesion well but then we can't attack because our midfielders can't pass forwards, so even though we have those 3 #10s in front of them they don't actually get the ball from them. Which is probably why Rooney kept coming so deep yesterday to get the ball to try and make something happen.

I can not understand why we keep playing with these 2 DMs. It's also baffling why we keep starting games without any width or pace.

If we start against Burnley with Gueye and Schneiderlin and without Vlasic & Lookman out wide then it's going to be another horror show.

Riddle me this my versitle food friend...

In the league so far this season we average 19 tackles per game (3rd most in the league) and 17 interceptions per game (most in the league) ...

Which suggests to me that we can win the ball back quite effectively and regain possession ... mainly in midfield because of Gueye and Schneiderlin ... but those two players both average over 50 passes each per game yet non of those passes are 'key passes' that lead to a shot on goal by another player. Why? Because the majority of their passes combined ~75% are backwards or sideways.

So we get possesion well but then we can't attack because our midfielders can't pass forwards, so even though we have those 3 #10s in front of them they don't actually get the ball from them. Which is probably why Rooney kept coming so deep yesterday to get the ball to try and make something happen.

I can not understand why we keep playing with these 2 DMs. It's also baffling why we keep starting games without any width or pace.

If we start against Burnley with Gueye and Schneiderlin and without Vlasic & Lookman out wide then it's going to be another horror show.
3 number 10s occupying the same space, all easy to mark. Nobody out wide to stretch the opposing defence therefore no space to play a key pass.

4 minutes in Toff Rooney was stepping on Morgan's toes trying to ping a 40 yard ball. Now Morgan needs to grow a pair and say to Wayne "[Poor language removed] this is my space and push up". To say he was God awful would be an understatement so anything from marginally better 2nd half would look like an improvement. He's one of the main reasons we've been slow and pedestrian in attack ( Morgan ) yet game after game he's there.

The lack of communication between this side is bloody shocking. No one giving a good old rollicking to each other

Totally agree about Morgan. Seems to be one of Ronnies little darlings.

Totally agree about Morgan. Seems to be one of Ronnies little darlings.

It was as bad a midfield 45 minute performance as your likely to see mate. The fans were willing him on time and time again to go forward in the 10 yards of space he had in front of him and time and time again he passed back 5 yards.

He's done this all season, Koeman keeps going on about lack of confidence and slow pedestrian football and sideways/backwards passing yet continues to pick the main culprit

The arrogant fat headed idiot thinks it's ok to constantly throw players under the bus.

You can tell no one wants to play for him except Fat Wayne because he gets to play 90 minutes of every single game despite being absolute gash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back