Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I personally wouldn’t sack him right now, you have to think that a big club, like we pretend to be, would at the very least be considering it at the moment.

Bayern jibbed off their world famous successful boss after a not too dissimilar run of form to us. In fact better than us.

Would Chelsea wait like we are? Would other supposed big teams? I don’t think so.

I understand the contradiction I’m making as I wouldn’t sack him. Yet. But there are definitely certain other successful clubs that would.
All depends on who we could get as his replacement

Think burnley game should be the last straw, and not just the result, needs to be a huge improvement in performance if not get rid while there's still time to make something of this season

Made the mistake of waiting to long with Martinez and its eerily similar to back then how we're going at the minute
We'll probably beat Burnley, the problem will be when we go to Brighton and set up so negative that at best we're coming away with a point.

We just simply can't have a manager that is only ever two bad results away from the sack. Doesn't breed confidence or continuity. He's got to go now, imo.

I heard a totally unsubstantiated rumour that he offered to walk without a payoff sometime between the Atalanta and Manure games. If there is even an ounce of truth in it, we should have accepted.

In all seriousness, if anything had actually changed Moshiri would be doing absolutely everything in his power to get Ancelotti on board. He wants premier league. But no big premier league job will be available probably till the at least the summer. Does he really want 8 months away from the game. Probably not.

But we all know this Everton are as shambolic, and unambitious as ever.

He must be on borrowed time now.

I can't imagine that the board are happy that we're limping through matches like this after spending the best part of £200m in the last 18 months. This is where talking down expectations won't do him any good either, because it makes them look daft, and successful businessmen really don't like being undermined. They will also be concerned at what seemed worryingly like apathy from the fans at the game last night. While people were obviously annoyed, there was absolutely nothing like the levels of fume you might expect in that situation. That's never a good sign.

I don't know what he's trying to do at the moment. If I could see a plan that just wasn't quite clicking i'd be a lot more patient, but we honestly don't really seem to have any identity at the moment, no real style of play or pervading attitude. To be playing like this 15 months to the manager's reign is both unacceptable and absolutely terrifying.

The worst thing is having to watch his turgid football 3 times a week, each time thinking it's all going to be different, only for it to be the same nonsense all over again, get Marco Silva/Brendan Rodgers* in.

*Only joking, sort of.

In all seriousness, if anything had actually changed Moshiri would be doing absolutely everything in his power to get Ancelotti on board. He wants premier league. But no big premier league job will be available probably till the at least the summer. Does he really want 8 months away from the game. Probably not.

But we all know this Everton are as shambolic, and unambitious as ever.

This.
Then we can start finally believing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back