Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those calling for Ancelotti, I'd be a little cautious. Great manager obviously, but a great 'top-level' manager. The last time he coached a team that wasn't one of the best in Europe was 1996. That has very, very different requirements to a team with a middling squad trying to break into the CL places.

It also means he might just laugh in our faces.

On the other hand, he might make it much easier to buy better players. But I still think a young, exciting, progressive coach is the way forward. That's the model used by the most overperforming teams in Europe like Leipzig and Monaco.

We have been dreadful since Easter, and it is getting worse.
Ancelotti please or at the very least give Unsworth a go.
Neither require any compensation so paying Koeman off and replacing would cost us around 1/3rd of a Davy Klaassen.

Reading the odd soundbite in The Times match report, its disturbing the way Koeman is now distancing himself from any critique of the situation..."I can make it clear to them...but when the whistle blows, I don't pass the ball backwards". Its crazy that he's almost saying I don't know whats wrong with them...yet without referral to any responsibility on his part to suggest how it can be addressed and eradicated. What the hell do they do at Finch Farm all week...surely he can structure a plan and team strategy for the next match and have those players play together beforehand and complement each others style. This shouldn't even be suggested as lacking...but it clearly is. Or is he suggesting the players are defying his instruction...equally problematical. Similarly, whats the point in Koeman entering embarrassingly long protracted transfer sagas for players then when they're in situ, not playing them to their strengths he clearly admired enough to pursue them at length. Ramirez looked as though he was in the middle of a nightmare before the match had even kicked off last night....head in hands, as though he was saying a Novena prayer for someone ill....couldnt believe it. Sigurdsson is now letting his inner nark take over and lashing out fouls-wise which doesn't bode well. I don't think the pragmatic Dutchman will go down the road of "Its not you, its me" to his players. But I can easily see "Its either you or me" to them before the next months out....and unless they ALL get their act together, he'll be on his way.

For those calling for Ancelotti, I'd be a little cautious. Great manager obviously, but a great 'top-level' manager. The last time he coached a team that wasn't one of the best in Europe was 1996. That has very, very different requirements to a team with a middling squad trying to break into the CL places.

On the other hand, he might make it much easier to buy better players. But I still think a young, exciting, progressive coach is the way forward. That's the model used by the most overperforming teams in Europe like Leipzig and Monaco.

I would have liked Leonardo Jardim but that ship has sailed I think and the time to get him would have been when Koeman was appointed.

It would have been bold and seen as risky but his next job will be with one of the elite clubs.

I think he's been sulking since the window ended. And it's translating to the players. He stated numerous times publicly that he wanted a striker and a left sided defender, maybe even cover for Baines. He didn't get any of that.

As a manager he's always had runs where the side doesn't seem to pick up any wins and then suddenly it'll turn and he'll go on a mad title form run. IMO Given his character my guess is that when things aren't going how he expects, he sulks. He didn't get what he wanted in the Summer, which created friction between him and the club, and that's now translated on to the players. He's trying to use the more established experienced players to help get through this, but they're the ones letting him down the most.

Problem with them type they are off like a shot when something better comes along. Need someone to make us better now then go and poach one of these youngsters.

Reading the odd soundbite in The Times match report, its disturbing the way Koeman is now distancing himself from any critique of the situation..."I can make it clear to them...but when the whistle blows, I don't pass the ball backwards". Its crazy that he's almost saying I don't know whats wrong with them...yet without referral to any responsibility on his part to suggest how it can be addressed and eradicated. What the hell do they do at Finch Farm all week...surely he can structure a plan and team strategy for the next match and have those players play together beforehand and complement each others style. This shouldn't even be suggested as lacking...but it clearly is. Or is he suggesting the players are defying his instruction...equally problematical. Similarly, whats the point in Koeman entering embarrassingly long protracted transfer sagas for players then when they're in situ, not playing them to their strengths he clearly admired enough to pursue them at length. Ramirez looked as though he was in the middle of a nightmare before the match had even kicked off last night....head in hands, as though he was saying a Novena prayer for someone ill....couldnt believe it. Sigurdsson is now letting his inner nark take over and lashing out fouls-wise which doesn't bode well. I don't think the pragmatic Dutchman will go down the road of "Its not you, its me" to his players. But I can easily see "Its either you or me" to them before the next months out....and unless they ALL get their act together, he'll be on his way.

Absolutely spot on.

Imagine being in a team where the manger week in week out, selects a team and a formation that you know isn't going to work even before you set foot on the pitch.

Add to that the fact that the moment you set foot on the pitch, you can feel the unease and fume in the crowd, just waiting to erupt.

No wonder the players look " scared " and go for safety first options like passing backwards all the time.

No wonder Rooney was coming back to get the back last night, he was trying to take responsibility and also shake the others out of their torpor.

The buck rests fairly and squarely with Koeman.

OUT.

He's not getting sacked, the last manager had to humiliate us against our local rivals get beat at Wembley and then put out some of the worst performances in our history, he's got at least until we go out the fa cup.

I think talk of sacking Koeman is premature to say the least. But I do admit that this reminds me of the second season with Martinez. A disjointed side, with obvious flaws that everyone points out BUT the manager. It's like Koeman is Morphing into a Martinez 2.0 with Moyes tactics and mentality sprinkled on top.

All this talk of sacking him already is embarrassing. The man needs time, he's practically bought a whole new team. Once our players bed in and he gets the right 11, we'll be class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back