Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many, I don't think the opposition has convinced me about our table position however, how Koeman reacts in game, talks about the team, and has lifted quite a few of the players that were here last season well, that's gotten me excited.
Under Martinez we always struggled to pick up wins vs bottom half sides though. Our improvement has been dramatic. Looking forward to the games vs our title rivals.

Like many, I don't think the opposition has convinced me about our table position however, how Koeman reacts in game, talks about the team, and has lifted quite a few of the players that were here last season well, that's gotten me excited.

Yeah I'm not expecting us to stay 2nd. We've had a very easy start to the season.

That said, as United have just shown, no game is actually easy. And Everton of old would so often fail to put crap teams to the sword. So far the only dropped points have been against a good Spurs team that were much fitter than us at the time.

:) Last five games of Martinez as manager, compared to Koeman' s first five matches.

Cso_JznW8AE2Qw6.jpg

I find myself agreeing with you again Dave, to a degree anyway. Your post is a bit understated by your normal standards and actually sounded quite subdued. Hope you're not feeing under the weather.

But you are right. Yesterday's performance from Ross was no better or worse than he has delivered in 4/5 previous games this season. Solid 7/10 without hitting the heights we all know he can. The first half last week was just one of hose games all players have from time to time. The over reaction from both ourselves and the media was just because Ross is such a high profile player.
Spot on. And I'd say that was the case for the season so far except the first ha;lf against Sunderland when the whole team was on about 4/10 and any one of them could have been hooked.

They were falling over themselves yesterday "the experts" to suggest that the medicine had hit its spot and cured Barkley of his 'ailment'. Utter nonsense. He breezed through that 90 minutes with a perfunctory performance he's capable of delivering week in, week out. There was no 'lesson learned for young Ross'.

I'd also say that again Koeman kept up an unseemly public attack on Barkley post match by indulging the BT tits in their raking up of the issue.

Spot on. And I'd say that was the case for the season so far except the first ha;lf against Sunderland when the whole team was on about 4/10 and any one of them could have been hooked.

They were falling over themselves yesterday "the experts" to suggest that the medicine had hit its spot and cured Barkley of his 'ailment'. Utter nonsense. He breezed through that 90 minutes with a perfunctory performance he's capable of delivering week in, week out. There was no 'lesson learned for young Ross'.

I'd also say that again Koeman kept up an unseemly public attack on Barkley post match by indulging the BT tits in their raking up of the issue.
You don't reckon much of this Koeman fella, Dave ?

You don't reckon much of this Koeman fella, Dave ?
Au contraire. Take a look in the vaults. I advocated that if anyone were to replace Martinez it should be him.

That still doesn't make it right to single Barkley out a number of times and feed him to the press pack dogs.

Did you think Barkley looked happy there yesterday? I thought he looked like an unhappy player who's not enjoying being the subject of this controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back