Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when you used to pretend to go to KEIOC and Blue Union meetings Crabbs and pooped the bed when called out on it.

"We". Lol.

You are still in the dark after all these years - so easy to pull the wool over your eyes.
LoL there was time when I thought should i tell him but then thought nahhh let him swim in his own invented world about people who post on forums.

We had a fan protest at GP for the last manager and he was shot shortly after that game. Don,t underestimate the impact of the fan base - nothing destroys your brand quicker than a customer base who gives up on it,s product and then advertises it across global and national media.
Martinez wasn't sacked because of the protest, the club went out of its way to ignore that. He was sacked because of the two following results at Leicester and Sunderland being the culmination of an awful run. They also sacked him in a bizzare show of kindness as they spared him the horror show of the final game at Goodison.

You are still in the dark after all these years - so easy to pull the wool over your eyes.
LoL there was time when I thought should i tell him but then thought nahhh let him swim in his own invented world about people who post on forums.

Crabbs, you're John Cribb from BlueKipper.

You've consistently done three things in that time:
  • Misunderstood the difference between an apostrophe and a comma
  • Only resurfaced when things are going wrong at Everton
  • Pretended to be involved with various fan groups
Nobody is being enlightened by you.

Well Moshiri and co aren't doing their job if they are not monitoring this,

we havent played well in one game this season.
They don't care in the same way you or I do though mate. They can afford to look at these games dispassionately and say we've got plenty of time to turn things around (we do but we won't under Koeman).

What a good wide player does is force the opposition to double team him to shut him down, for a player like Baines that creates so much space and time that he can do serious damage, then they are left in trouble about what to do defensively - ie make them think about what they are doing, something we don't make the opposition do anywhere near enough.

I'd say you can even play Davies wide right to help Kenny, but a big caveat is that he needs to be starting from wide and then cutting in rather than what we always do lately which is playing them isndie having to go outside - it makes a massive difference both offensively and defensively to how effective they are.

The squad is far from perfect but right now we have a manager making it look much worse than the sum of its parts when his job is frankly to do the opposite.

Is it stubbornness or what i have no idea, but what it does remind me of is the last season of Martinez - when he would stubbornly stick to things that aren't working - and even when he made changes that improved us in a game, the very next game it would be back to what he set up for last game - almost a trying to force his ideas to work despite the evidence it doesn't, for certain managers yeah - they have the track record of doing that, this one doesn't - all his major turning points in a season - both at Saints and at us - actually came about with a change in system.

Was very on the fence about Rooney - but think it was a huge mistake on current evidence - the manager is playing him regardless of the effect on the shape, and seems unwilling or unable to drop him and see what happens

Be surprised if Koeman lasts out the season frankly and i would hope that behind the scenes we have already sounded out certain available managers in case this form/style continues

He'll be lucky to get through Sunday evening at this rate mate lol

He'll be lucky to get through Sunday evening at this rate mate lol

Wishful thinking mate, don't see anything happening with him regardless of results until at least January - and with our clubs record we would wait for the transfer window to shut regardless so we could avoid spending to back any new manager :P

In reality we should have already made contact with representatives of several managers to gage interest, Ancelotti, Tuchel for starters, even Silva at Watford whose only on a one year contract so wouldn't cost anything hardly in compensation

It's what other clubs would have done at this point (and indeed Liverpool did similar with Klopp and Rodgers)

But the last manager has not use nearly 150m a season to recruit the players, I don't think our performance at present is better than that under Moyes and Martínez, at least our team lost the motivation and fighting spirit. If we wait until the team situation and ranking get worser, the reaction may be too late for us, we need to "change" right now.
I agree it's now or when it's to late, last time it was to late the season was ruined, this season will be ruined.

Wishful thinking mate, don't see anything happening with him regardless of results until at least January - and with our clubs record we would wait for the transfer window to shut regardless so we could avoid spending to back any new manager :p

In reality we should have already made contact with representatives of several managers to gage interest, Ancelotti, Tuchel for starters, even Silva at Watford whose only on a one year contract so wouldn't cost anything hardly in compensation

It's what other clubs would have done at this point (and indeed Liverpool did similar with Klopp and Rodgers)

Yep your probably right mate, don't think I could cope with another few months of this dire tripe.

If love to say I've got confidence in him to.turn this around but like you say, he just reverts to type.

I'm quickly reaching the point where i'd be happy with Unsworth taking over as interim manager for the rest of the season. Yes he's inexperienced, but this season is looking more and more like it's pretty much a washout already and it seems like a perfect opportunity to test him out in the job without being tied to him long term if it doesn't go so well

Wishful thinking mate, don't see anything happening with him regardless of results until at least January - and with our clubs record we would wait for the transfer window to shut regardless so we could avoid spending to back any new manager :p

Silva's on a two year deal.

Agree with the principle, though

I don't think the players are afraid - they just can't play his way. Square pegs in round holes.

I get his point of playing down the channels and being more direct rather than passing backwards but his tactics and team selection negates his argument.

No focal point central to play directly and no width/pace for balls into the channels.

He's starting to throw blame on the players and rightly so for a few of them but I'm starting to see the end of his tenure/demise unfortunately.

Sad, but he's on borrowed time.

Silva's on a two year deal.

Agree with the principle, though

I just don't see what Koeman is trying to build mate, and a team with no direction is simply going nowhere but backwards.

The cold hard nosed image works well - but only if you deliver results - because he has absolutely zero connection with the fans and that for any manager puts them on thinner ice than a manager who has the backing of fans.

A big part wonders just what another top class manager would be able to do with this collection of players, my guess is a lot better and for sure a lot easier on the eye than currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back