Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember under Martinez when it started too unravel and an awful lot of individual mistakes in games were costing us goals. The same seems to be happening again.

It's not hard to see that the confidence is shot to bits, Koeman isn't a motivational style of manager, not sure what type of manager he is if I'm honest.

I also remember a lot of people questioning the coaching, again I'm seeing that around the internet. I'm sure we all love Duncan, but how is he as a coach, I'm not sure and get the feeling he is around as the 'Everton' connection.

It was allowed to continue under Martinez far too long and although sacking managers every five minutes isn't the direction most of us would wish to go in. Sometimes you have to cut your losses before real damage is done because currently I don't see how it is going to turn around.

we look as bad as anything Martinez produced.

I don't think that's true. Under martinez we looked like we'd concede a goal everytime the opposition had the ball, or we had a corner. We're nowhere near those levels. It's just very disjointed at the minute, but I think the basis is there, he just needs to find the right balance, and then address the lack of pace in January.

..I disagree with that. I think we've bought some decent footballers but with no team shape or strategy in mind.

Yes, this most certainly seems to be the case. None of them are bad footballers but they were not the correct footballers for the system he wishes to employ.

As a man who has been in football most of his life, you would think he could see this, stubbornness will cost him in the end most likely.

if the team are low on confidence and struggling coming out into the press and saying they're scared to play football is really going to do them some good. Nice one Ronny lad.

Quite, that's just the way he is, he has never been the most personable character.His managerial career will tell you that.

I like this post from another forum, spot on for me,

The chavs, Spurs and your neighbours couldn't lower Burnley's colours and on Sunday they can provide the wake up call your board needs to ditch Koeman. You then have 2 weeks because of international week to find his replacement. He's damaging the brand.

Niasse may have saved his arse against Bournemouth but omitting him from the Europey squad and not getting a result tonight has brought those chickens home to roost.

How much more do we need to know!
Whether he is truly as stubborn as we think he is.... Something is seriously wrong if he is putting out these lineups to prove a point. Somebody needs to send a message to him before things get out of hand. I don't think the board even care tbh. They are more concerned about Wayne's shirt sales.

I don't think that's true. Under martinez we looked like we'd concede a goal everytime the opposition had the ball, or we had a corner. We're nowhere near those levels. It's just very disjointed at the minute, but I think the basis is there, he just needs to find the right balance, and then address the lack of pace in January.
Can we agree to disagree on this?

The side that played us off the park in the first half are 8th (eight) in the Cypriot league.

Cyprus has not been reunited in the last few months either.

You can draw to a poorer team but not playing the way we did in the first half last night.

And this goes on and on and the only one who can´t see the cause is Koeman.

If the team is having a crisis of confidence, it is the manager´s job to fix it.

The manager is plainly not doing his job at the moment.

"Give him time" has worked once in twenty five years that I can recall. As simple as I can make it.

Guessing you were in the "GIVE HIM TIME" for Martinez as well?
Not Martinez,he did not adapt at all.Koeman however has 7 players on the injury list and 7 new players to bed into the squad. Klassen and sandro both need to play to adjust to the prem.Patience is something that is in very short supply these days and i personally would at least give him the rest of this season before i start to wet the bed.This season will be all about building a team with the signings we have made and the youth that is being intergrated into the first team squad.The trouble with allot on here is they don't really understand football they just know what a ball looks like

Yeah, it's not like he hasn't earned our support is it?

Compare last season to the one before? Did he not earn some kudos then, to at least a stay of execution after 6 league games and a whole new bunch of players?

No-one is saying it has been good, no-one is justifying the poor performances, just that when the chips are down, do we support our manager and players or continually find fault and look to get them out. FFS we are Everton, we are better than this. This ain't a personal pop at you Bernie The Bolt, a more general view that perhaps the reaction is too soon.

The beauty of football is that it provokes reactions from fans - the only ones that really care about a club. Whilst I don't agree with the apparent consensus, I am enjoying reading it.

I've seen some poor Everton teams in my day, but I don't recall seeing a squad with so little shape and balance. Koeman has completely deconstructed a good outfit into a bunch of headless chickens. Really quite embarrassing at times

From a 2008 Guardian article, around the time of Koemans sacking at Valencia:

some players slyly letting it be known that they'd ditched Koeman's tactics and done it their way. Joaquín admitted that Koeman's 4-3-3 has the players "running round with headless chickens".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back