Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crabbs, you're John Cribb from BlueKipper.

You've consistently done three things in that time:
  • Misunderstood the difference between an apostrophe and a comma
  • Only resurfaced when things are going wrong at Everton
  • Pretended to be involved with various fan groups
Nobody is being enlightened by you.

Wowzers, love a good cross-forum multi hunting.

Last season it looked on the pitch like he wanted us to be a pressing side but we just didn't have the personnel. He also alluded to this in interviews. He seems to have brought in players who are more adept at pressing but I've yet to see us implement a successful pressing game. This is the most confusing thing about this season for me.

Again,completely agree with you, we don not play a pressing game at all, we are boring dull and one dimensional, we play with 2 defensive midfielders and concede goals for fun, one hates to say it but it is all going a bit Martinez, I would just hope we don't suffer fools as long this time.

From his conference today:

You can lose against Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd but we’ve played ten more games and we’ve lost only one of those ten. You look at that as a positive. It’s not all so negative.

Mate, you were brought in and paid 6 million quid to do better than just accepting that it is OK for us to lose to Chelsea, Spurs, and Utd. Don't think bragging about securing draws against the likes of Limassol and Ruzembok is going to placate Evertonians and have us showering praise on your moonfaced gob.

David Moyes attitude, right there...

So that would could be a sign that he's lost the dressing room?
Possibly so but our senior players seem very happy to let the manager "lose them" and use it as an excuse to not put enough effort in. I didn't except it when they did it under Martinez and I don't except it now. They're paid professionals being paid obscene sums of money. They have no excuse to not make an effort every game no matter how little they may think of the manager.

If I see the lineup and it's the same old crap, I'd be tempted to turn the tele off and enjoy my weekend. I've never wanted to get to that point as a fan. He doesn't have the goodwill to be this arrogant.

From his conference today:

“You can lose against Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd but we’ve played ten more games and we’ve lost only one of those ten. You look at that as a positive. It’s not all so negative.

Mate, you were brought in and paid 6 million quid to do better than just accepting that it is OK for us to lose to Chelsea, Spurs, and Utd. Don't think bragging about securing draws against the likes of Limassol and Ruzembok is going to placate Evertonians and have us showering praise on your moonfaced gob.
Absolute disgrace of a comment.

Get him out.

Whether he is truly as stubborn as we think he is.... Something is seriously wrong if he is putting out these lineups to prove a point. Somebody needs to send a message to him before things get out of hand. I don't think the board even care tbh. They are more concerned about Wayne's shirt sales.
The answer is yes and things are already out of hand. Flogging a dead horse with this guy, he's never been more than an average manager and he's been at it for best part of 20 years!

Some of the senior players are really out-of -form and playing poorly - Morgan, Gana, Siggi, Sandro, Rooney are well off the pace but its not entirely their fault. For slow, ball-playing passers of the ball like Rooney and Siggi, they need faster, taller more athletic types around them who can benefit from their passing - but other than DCL none are picked. But RK persists in playing three or four no.10's in each game. RK does not seem to think that width is important but it is super-important to a Rooney who can make clever through passes, otherwise you are stifling his game..

Anyone who has watched EFC this season can see that we are slow, we congest the midfield, have no plan out wide - he picks Kenny and then
places no-one in front of him - and people are often played out of position.

Any idea what team RK will pick Saturday? No, and RK does'nt know either.
He has to pick a team for Saturday And Sunday?

I read this when the news came out we were signing him and I gave him the benefit of the doubt....

I only read people referencing his time there on here. Didn't worry too much because he'd done well at Southampton, and apparently Valencia is a bit of a circus. Worried now though, especially after that particular quote. Wouldn't be shocked if the players are starting to lose faith in him.

I only read people referencing his time there on here. Didn't worry too much because he'd done well at Southampton, and apparently Valencia is a bit of a circus. Worried now though, especially after that particular quote. Wouldn't be shocked if the players are starting to lose faith in him.

At the time I wrote it off because there was seemingly more to the story with the club being in financial crisis it was rumored that Koeman was ordered to drop some of those players who were kicking off about him by the Club President who wanted them to put in transfer requests so he could generate some cash flow while their stadium project went tits up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back