Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's afraid to play our players who are playing the best, and actually fit into a shape that would give us balance. His subs seem good because his starting lineup is almost always awful.

It's clear to me that Davies, Kenny, DCL (despite his miss), and Vlasic should be starting every game for us going forward. Yet he still keeps trying to prove that that the players he bought somehow still deserve to get most of the playing time. They may all turn out to be wonderful signing but right now they don't give us the best chance to win.

Siggy looked good in the no 10 role centrally, so I'm fine with that but Davies should have been on the right and Vlasic on the left. Gana and Schneiderlin don't need to be in the lineup together every week. Especially yesterday.

I don't see the point of the 'give him the season' argument unless you have some genuine belief that this Dutch Curbishley is capable of achieving some success here.

All this flipping out over a crap run is pointless, most managers will have them, and Koeman normally comes back from them. The main issue is are we wasting time on this guy when he is unlikely to do much with us anyway.

Does anybody actually see him getting us further up the table than 7th and/or winning a cup? I'd like to understand why, if so. because if not, the answer is See ya.

However, again, the caveat is I am not sure I trust the club to sack a manager and have a good solid plan to follow it up with. I'd fear a short term solution would be next. I'd prefer stay with steady Ron for the length of his contract than be set back even further and begin a period of sack/hire/sack/hire. I'd have more faith in them making a good decision in those circumstances than if they sacked now or soon.

I'm more bored by all this than annoyed or angry.

Beginning to think he has a similar contract to that of Martinez or we've become known in the game as mugs. Sack him and he'll cream us for double digit £millions but leave him in situ and playing as we are currently will cost us similar if not more. It's a quandary!

Oh my god drawing at home with some minnows from Cyprus.The rubbish football.Falling out with Ross Barkley.The constant shoehorning of his favorites into the team.Yes there has been mitigating circumstances.The failure to sign a replacement for Lukaku.Injuries and loss of form etc.But it really does look like 7th is our glass ceiling with this guy.Im not sure that he can better what he did last year.I take on board @gorgeousgeorgeEFC point that someone like Carlo Ancelotti is a pie in the sky option.

But if we are supposed to be a football club with serious ambition then we would make a move for him.Of course it's not the Everton way to do things like this.But doing things the supposed Everton way has won us nothing these past 22 years.Ancelotti has won league titles in Italy England France and Germany.He won the champions league twice with AC Milan and once with Real Madrid.

But im getting carried away here.This is not going to happen.But i would have no problems with dumping Koeman to get Ancelotti in.I make no apologies for that.But look it's time to stop the day dreaming, and hope that the results and football improve under Koeman sooner rather than later.

I don't see the point of the 'give him the season' argument unless you have some genuine belief that this Dutch Curbishley is capable of achieving some success here.

All this flipping out over a crap run is pointless, most managers will have them, and Koeman normally comes back from them. The main issue is are we wasting time on this guy when he is unlikely to do much with us anyway.

Does anybody actually see him getting us further up the table than 7th and/or winning a cup? I'd like to understand why, if so. because if not, the answer is See ya.

However, again, the caveat is I am not sure I trust the club to sack a manager and have a good solid plan to follow it up with. I'd fear a short term solution would be next. I'd prefer stay with steady Ron for the length of his contract than be set back even further and begin a period of sack/hire/sack/hire. I'd have more faith in them making a good decision in those circumstances than if they sacked now or soon.

I'm more bored by all this than annoyed or angry.
I really don't understand your logic, if Koeman isn't going to take us anywhere then why suffer another 18 months of the guy? They could sack him now, put Unsworth in charge and evaluate the situation in the summer. Leaving Koeman in charge, wasting money and damaging the club isn't doing anyone any good.

Erm you are calling for the sack mate...
I'm just saying the club could do that to back up this superficial intent that they have been saying for 18 months.

Personally I'll give him longer simply because i dont feel you can want the manager gone so quickly. It took me until west ham to realise Martinez wasn't changing, and I reckon we have a guaranteed win at Brighton so whatever happens Sunday, the picture isn't too bleak yet. The team clicking all of a sudden gives us a season again, especially a win against Chelsea does

Just listened to the press conference from earlier today. Quite uninspiring Ronald. Especially when you said now isn't the time for change with the strongest 11. It's exactly the time for change. It was also time for change a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back