Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's true. Under martinez we looked like we'd concede a goal everytime the opposition had the ball, or we had a corner. We're nowhere near those levels. It's just very disjointed at the minute, but I think the basis is there, he just needs to find the right balance, and then address the lack of pace in January.

We've conceded 16 goals in the last 8 games.

It's all well and good just blaming Koeman for were we are right now and he definitely derserves all the criticism he's taking but let's have it right. Our senior players are an absolute disgrace, the complete lack off effort is unacceptable and nothing short of outrageous and disrespectful to the club. Only the kids and one or two other players seem remotely arsed so while I'm more then happy to see Koeman take the stick he derserves I hope the cowardly disinterested wretches who play for us also come in for their fair share of greef because they derserve it just as much.

I expected 9/9 these last three games including Burnley, but I'll let it slide if we show something and beat them.

If we don't, I hope he gets the sack. Int break is coming up and there are better managers on the market.

But then again, I absolutely despise his style of boring football and don't want to watch that crap going forward. PLAY WINGERS

All this talk of sacking him already is embarrassing. The man needs time, he's practically bought a whole new team. Once our players bed in and he gets the right 11, we'll be class.

How much time are you willing to give him though? If performances were showing fighting spirit and he was showing an indication that he was willing to try different things, maybe people would show more support.

As it stands, he changes formation nearly every game half way through because he insists on trying to cram players on to the pitch in a formation that doe not suit them.

He only has himself to blame and nobody should be irreplaceable. If most of us under-performed in our jobs for this long and kept making the same mistakes over and over, pretty sure we would get the sack.

His body language looks like he has given up.

The problem we have is Moshiri. A bloodless accountant who has appointed somebody in his own image, another hired mercenary. Koeman has done likewise, so we have further bloodless eurotrash occupying the key areas of the team, who could not give two jots about Everton.the team spirit so carefully nurtured by the Ginger Ninja is completely gone

I'm not calling for the sack.

However if we lost on Sunday then it will be a chance for the club to show some ambition and not act small time. Speak to ancelottis agent and ask how much it would cost 5o get him here. Chances are he would never come but everyone has a price. Just show some ambition and do something.

We give koeman the season to carry on like this before we let him go. Ok, that's reasonable, but on the face of it we are throwing away a whole season then for the sake of giving koeman chance to change his ways which clearly won't happen

Actual ambitious clubs sack managers for failure and reap rewards, small time clubs give managers far too much time to achieve it.

It's all fair and well having plenty of money to spend but you need to spend it well, something it seems he hasn't managed to do yet.

Too true. We did exactly what Spurs did with the Bale money and acted like a fat kid in a cake shop, splurging it on whatever took our fancy regardless of the dietary requirements(sorry for the analogy).

I don't believe we bought bad players, just not the players we needed. Also that piece in the paper the other day about splashing £40million on Giroud, deary oh dear, clasping at desperate straws.

I'm not calling for the sack.

However if we lost on Sunday then it will be a chance for the club to show some ambition and not act small time. Speak to ancelottis agent and ask how much it would cost 5o get him here. Chances are he would never come but everyone has a price. Just show some ambition and do something.

We give koeman the season to carry on like this before we let him go. Ok, that's reasonable, but on the face of it we are throwing away a whole season then for the sake of giving koeman chance to change his ways which clearly won't happen

Actual ambitious clubs sack managers for failure and reap rewards, small time clubs give managers far too much time to achieve it.
Erm you are calling for the sack mate...

Our senior players are an absolute disgrace,

Some of the senior players are really out-of -form and playing poorly - Morgan, Gana, Siggi, Sandro, Rooney are well off the pace but its not entirely their fault. For slow, ball-playing passers of the ball like Rooney and Siggi, they need faster, taller more athletic types around them who can benefit from their passing - but other than DCL none are picked. But RK persists in playing three or four no.10's in each game. RK does not seem to think that width is important but it is super-important to a Rooney who can make clever through passes, otherwise you are stifling his game..

Anyone who has watched EFC this season can see that we are slow, we congest the midfield, have no plan out wide - he picks Kenny and then
places no-one in front of him - and people are often played out of position.

Any idea what team RK will pick Saturday? No, and RK does'nt know either.

From his conference today:

“You can lose against Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd but we’ve played ten more games and we’ve lost only one of those ten. You look at that as a positive. It’s not all so negative.

Mate, you were brought in and paid 6 million quid to do better than just accepting that it is OK for us to lose to Chelsea, Spurs, and Utd. Don't think bragging about securing draws against the likes of Limassol and Ruzembok is going to placate Evertonians and have us showering praise on your moonfaced gob.

Last edited:
It's all well and good just blaming Koeman for were we are right now and he definitely derserves all the criticism he's taking but let's have it right. Our senior players are an absolute disgrace, the complete lack off effort is unacceptable and nothing short of outrageous and disrespectful to the club. Only the kids and one or two other players seem remotely arsed so while I'm more then happy to see Koeman take the stick he derserves I hope the cowardly disinterested wretches who play for us also come in for their fair share of greef because they derserve it just as much.

So that would could be a sign that he's lost the dressing room?

Some of the senior players are really out-of -form and playing poorly - Morgan, Gana, Siggi, Sandro, Rooney are well off the pace but its not entirely their fault. For slow, ball-playing passers of the ball like Rooney and Siggi, they need faster, taller more athletic types around them who can benefit from their passing - but other than DCL none are picked. But RK persists in playing three or four no.10's in each game. RK does not seem to think that width is important but it is super-important to a Rooney who can make clever through passes, otherwise you are stifling his game..

Anyone who has watched EFC this season can see that we are slow, we congest the midfield, have no plan out wide - he picks Kenny and then
places no-one in front of him - and people are often played out of position.

Any idea what team RK will pick Saturday? No, and RK does'nt know either.

That is a great post, Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back