Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did they need 3 no 10,s out mate ?

They wanted a squad, Barkley has been our only number 10 since we sold Naismith, options, sadly we didnt get a Striker so it becomes more glaring, Iceland was bought as a 10, but till Bolasie comes back hes forced to do a job on the left, Klaassen isnt a 10 and Rooney was bought cos he was available.

They wanted a squad, Barkley has been our only number 10 since we sold Naismith, options, sadly we didnt get a Striker so it becomes more glaring, Iceland was bought as a 10, but till Bolasie comes back hes forced to do a job on the left, Klaassen isnt a 10 and Rooney was bought cos he was available.
So what's klassen then ?

I'm yet to be convinced, although I'm prepared to give him time.

Can't help playing in a team that's being set up completely wrong all the time

Its not happening for the boy yet for sure, look at the boy Eriksen when he first came, fish out of water, now look at the boy.

Its harsh to judge anybody currently, badly anyway, we are very disjointed, things need to change.

Sadly I fear that unless we have an Evertonian in charge any manager we have dill have this attitude. It's probably only Redknapp out of the current managers who recognise Everton as a significant force in football, the rest have now grown up weened on a diet of Liverpool/United/Chelsea. They are unable to tap into the psyche of the Everton supporter. Moyes was bewildered why uscfans wanted better than 5th or to win at places like Old Trafford. Koeman is the same, he thinks we're privileged just to have him and if he bores us into 7th then he'll see it as job done because in his eyes we have no right to expect higher.

Any manager who comes in and starts doing well will have the Martinez effect. That first season when he had stuff to prove, so did Lukaku, so did Barkley, it was great. Then all of a sudden everyone treated us like a stepping stone, Lukaku Stones Barkley all had eyes for other places, Martinez was being touted for Arsenal or Barca. A club can't operate this way and be successful, half the squad think they're too good for the club, the other half resent the players who are only playing for themselves.

It can't help the harmony in the squad when every man and his dog knows that Koeman thinks he's too good to be here and as soon as he does anything if more he'll be off.

I really think to get back to winning, after Koeman goes (not that I'm advocating this now) we need someone 100% commited to the club. Not someone who has a dream to manage United or Barcelona or grew up in awe of Liverpool. We need someone who realises the peak of their career will becrrsurrrcting Everton, who gives out a message to the players and the media that he is here to win. We can't have another stepping stone manager who thinks he's doing us a favour. As soon as Moyes/Martinez/Koeman thought they'd proven themselves enough and that we owed them for being here they went down the pan. We need someone who recognises that it is a privilege to manage us and that they have to strive for the best all the time. I genuinely think we need someone from this parish but it could work if the right manager was out there and got taken in by us.

Martinez arguably had the correct positive mindset. However his take on psychology and the power of positive thinking completely ignored the harsh reality of the need for tactical acumen.

But agree, someone who gets us AND knows what they're doing would be phenomenal (sorry).

id prefer him not to have been installed and gone now today.

my point about leaving him in place was solely in reference to not trusting the club to organise the follow up well. that theyd manage the situation better if at the end of his contract than if they sacked him next week. its my only concern about changing managers now.
I understand the concerns because they appointed him in the first place! I just don't think it's going to make any difference if they appoint someone this summer or next summer they're still going to be recruiting the same way.

I have to agree with @bicycleheader no point in dumping Koeman, only to replace him with an even bigger dud.If we are going to change managers then the replacement would need to be a serious upgrade on the Dutch Moyes.I do think the board need to be making a shortlist of replacements starting right now.I don't think any of us want Koeman here any longer than his three year contract.Moshiri did buy out the Liver buildings.Our owner has plenty to ponder as he looks out over the Mersey from his ivory tower, as to what direction this club is going.Oh and @Kev The Rat you were right about Koeman.It just took me a bit longer to get the message.

I admire your optimism sir, but we are a midtable side with a ramshackle stadium, and in the last 30 years we've won as much as Portsmouth and Wigan: one FA Cup.

We're not exactly an attractive proposition.

Last night on TalkSport several of the pundits mentioned Harry Redknapp as a possible successor to Koeman if the Dutchman was sacked. I nearly had a heart attack. I'd rather have Sean Dyche than 'arry.

It say's it all about our status as a club in the modern era, when people are talking about Harry Redknapp as a possible successor to Koeman.

Its not happening for the boy yet for sure, look at the boy Eriksen when he first came, fish out of water, now look at the boy.

Its harsh to judge anybody currently, badly anyway, we are very disjointed, things need to change.

Eriksen 10 goals 12 assists in 34 games first season at Spurs mate, he also transferred late on so missed the entire pre season and arrived after our season had already kicked off so must have been harder to adjust given that.

Assist in his first league game, a goal in his second game for the club...

Was also 3 years younger than Klassen is at the time he moved...

Get your point though, but Eriksen never really looked as bad as Klassen has done initially anyway, hopefully Klassen adjusts sooner rather than later, there is a good player in there but right now the entire team looks a mess from back to front

Sadly I fear that unless we have an Evertonian in charge any manager we have dill have this attitude. It's probably only Redknapp out of the current managers who recognise Everton as a significant force in football, the rest have now grown up weened on a diet of Liverpool/United/Chelsea. They are unable to tap into the psyche of the Everton supporter. Moyes was bewildered why uscfans wanted better than 5th or to win at places like Old Trafford. Koeman is the same, he thinks we're privileged just to have him and if he bores us into 7th then he'll see it as job done because in his eyes we have no right to expect higher.

Any manager who comes in and starts doing well will have the Martinez effect. That first season when he had stuff to prove, so did Lukaku, so did Barkley, it was great. Then all of a sudden everyone treated us like a stepping stone, Lukaku Stones Barkley all had eyes for other places, Martinez was being touted for Arsenal or Barca. A club can't operate this way and be successful, half the squad think they're too good for the club, the other half resent the players who are only playing for themselves.

It can't help the harmony in the squad when every man and his dog knows that Koeman thinks he's too good to be here and as soon as he does anything if more he'll be off.

I really think to get back to winning, after Koeman goes (not that I'm advocating this now) we need someone 100% commited to the club. Not someone who has a dream to manage United or Barcelona or grew up in awe of Liverpool. We need someone who realises the peak of their career will becrrsurrrcting Everton, who gives out a message to the players and the media that he is here to win. We can't have another stepping stone manager who thinks he's doing us a favour. As soon as Moyes/Martinez/Koeman thought they'd proven themselves enough and that we owed them for being here they went down the pan. We need someone who recognises that it is a privilege to manage us and that they have to strive for the best all the time. I genuinely think we need someone from this parish but it could work if the right manager was out there and got taken in by us.
I sympathise with the sentiment, but at this current moment in time there isn't a single Evertonian around with sufficient experience and stature to be appointed manager of our club, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back